Breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for getting back to me with ideas and advice. Maybe I should mend my ways re breakfast….but I have to say that I don’t snack mid morning, I never eat until lunchtime.
On another note I think I need to reprogram my mind about bread. When I got the pre diabetic diagnosis and was told to cut carbs I was wary of eating any bread. Now I can see that a slice of toast is not going to send me off track….I have the Carb & Calorie book and find that helpful - it is teaching me how to keep my diet sensible and healthy.

Dont know what measures your taking with your prediabetes diagnosis, when wife was told same she followed SW diet afterwards which allowed bread, not much something like 1 slice daily from memory.

As it happens she likes bread so not denying herself it allowed her to stick with diet plan eventually losing 5 stone & reversing diagnosis.

Dont know what measures your taking with your prediabetes diagnosis, when wife was told same she followed SW diet afterwards which allowed bread, not much something like 1 slice daily from memory.

As it happens she likes bread so not denying herself it allowed her to stick with diet plan eventually losing 5 stone & reversing diagnosis.
I have settled on allowing myself 130g carbs per day. The book I mentioned in an earlier post helps with this and I now realise that I can have my slice of bread daily without concerns….of course I do know that an inch of butter on top needs revising too!

I am in admiration of your wife’s success….so very well done!

Where did you find this bread?

It's been hit and miss in the local supermarkets.
Although I did find a new deli that does amazing looking artisan bread, and sandwiches to go today.
A mac and cheese one was very tempting, if we hadn't just had a tuna panini and salad next door!

Most bread is just boring stodge - however freshly baked artisan bread bought still warm and eaten the same day, well that's a bit different. I couldn't tell you where anyone would find a proper bakers shop round here including in Coventry, now.

I've happily binned off all other obvious carbs and nasty junk food but bread is my desert island food :rofl:

I do however limit myself to 2 slices per day and definitely not every day. Bread is a joyful food..................

It certainly is.
I don't spike.
I like to think I'm reversed.
But even those in "remission" can happily enjoy bread with no spikes, so it's all good for many of us on here no matter how we classify ourselves.
Personally though, I like a real homemade bread, or as said before a real bread with a great flavour.
I'm not wanting to waste calories on stodge, that I agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back