Breakfast Nuts style Granola?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brend

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,
Not posted for a while.
Seem to be able to sort lunch or dinner menu options for diabetic meals but breakfast time still difficult (always was my favourite time to eat from my earlier years). Yes of course some lean protein like bacon alongside egg and tomato meets the low criteria but can become boring if most days
Was wondering if a Granola style breakfast (but not grains) could be simulated with fine chopped healthy nuts (eg walnut etc) plus explore addition of maybe coconut peanut butter etc?. Also nice seeds?. Not sure ref bit of fruit (hope so) etc. I'm waffling on so apologies. Really asking if a sort of nut and other bits style Granola RECIPE but no grains?. Prefer not as a topping for eg yogurt. Must be a way to hold together with nut butter etc?..Would make such a change some mornings

Last edited:
Hi all,
Not posted for a while.
Seem to be able to sort lunch or dinner menu options for diabetic meals but breakfast time still difficult (always was my favourite time to eat from my earlier years). Yes of course some lean protein like bacon alongside egg and tomato meets the low criteria but can become boring of most days
Was wondering if a Granola style breakfast (but not grains) could be simulated with fine chopped healthy nuts (eg walnut etc) plus explore addition of maybe coconut peanut butter etc?. Also nice seeds?. Not sure ref bit of fruit (hope so) etc. I'm waffling on so apologies. Really asking if a sort of nut and other bits style Granola RECIPE but no grains?. Would make such a change some mornings
This is just one on the internet by searching for Keto granola.
You could always have full fat Greek yoghurt with berries and some seeds and nuts.

Hi all,
Not posted for a while.
Seem to be able to sort lunch or dinner menu options for diabetic meals but breakfast time still difficult (always was my favourite time to eat from my earlier years). Yes of course some lean protein like bacon alongside egg and tomato meets the low criteria but can become boring of most days
Was wondering if a Granola style breakfast (but not grains) could be simulated with fine chopped healthy nuts (eg walnut etc) plus explore addition of maybe coconut peanut butter etc?. Not sure ref bit of fruit (hope so) etc. I'm waffling on so apologies. Really asking if a sort of nut and other bits style Granola RECIPE but no grains?. Would make such a change some mornings

This is just one on the internet by searching for Keto granola.
You could always have full fat Greek yoghurt with berries and some seeds and nuts.
Keto ok for diabetics?

I'm a big fan of full fat Greek style natural yoghurt with a few raspberries, mixed seeds and cinnamon. Sometimes Ihave a tiny sprinkle of low carb granola on it or some chopped nuts. Today I had bacon and eggs on a bed of lettuce with cheese coleslaw. Omelettes also work well with whatever filling you fancy or needs using up in the fridge. I usually serve it with a big salad and coleslaw. That will usually last me until my evening meal without having to think about lunch.

Hi, thanks. Never come across low carb granola. The coleslaw I never thought about (cool). Back to breakfast I would love some nuts seeds coconut style glued together sort of clusters!. No idea how to bring to being doable :-(

Hi, thanks. Never come across low carb granola. The coleslaw I never thought about (cool). Back to breakfast I would love some nuts seeds coconut style glued together sort of clusters!. No idea how to bring to being doable :-(
I have Lizi's low sugar granola, it is 45g carb per 100g but just a scattering 10-15g on yoghurt is not bad, but do weigh it out the amount can be deceptive.

Paleo Granola from Sainsbury's is 15g per 100g. A helping suggestion is 40g which I would find a bit small on its own, but with a dollop of Greek yoghurt it's still only 10g carbs. I generally have 30g/5g as a between meal snack when I need something.

These two are my absolute faves. I have some kvarg with a couple of spoons of either of these on top and some skippy peanut butter

Attachments

• 1B400D8A-05D4-4530-BC7E-2D6185506D81.png
    1B400D8A-05D4-4530-BC7E-2D6185506D81.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 15
  • E13B1C6C-3F5A-409D-A4A1-2CEB40E56A9F.png
    E13B1C6C-3F5A-409D-A4A1-2CEB40E56A9F.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 15
Chopped mixed nuts, a few strawberries and lashing of double cream is one of my favourites when I fancy a change from my usual omelettes or bacon and egg.

Paleo Granola from Sainsbury's is 15g per 100g. A helping suggestion is 40g which I would find a bit small on its own, but with a dollop of Greek yoghurt it's still only 10g carbs. I generally have 30g/5g as a between meal snack when I need something.
Pecan or Berry version (if I've found the right one of 2 types on Sainsbury's site?). Never seen these before..

Pecan or Berry version (if I've found the right one of 2 types on Sainsbury's site?). Never seen these before..
Yep, there's a 'low sugar' one now too (their words not mine) same carbs as the other two. Used to be a brown packet too, cocoa flavour IIRC, but seems to have gone now.

Price often drops to £3, so buy then! Tracking by Nectar showed me (well the wife) to be the highest purchaser last year (burp). Pretty well all at £3 I hasten to add!

Yep, there's a 'low sugar' one now too (their words not mine) same carbs as the other two. Used to be a brown packet too, cocoa flavour IIRC, but seems to have gone now.

Price often drops to £3, so buy then! Tracking by Nectar showed me (well the wife) to be the highest purchaser last year (burp). Pretty well all at £3 I hasten to add!
Congrats

Will give it a try. Thanks so much for help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back