Bread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've never understood why white bread seems to be so popular. My local co-op sells almost exclusively white bread, same at tescos mini-store. I don't personally see the appeal - it's flavourless and sticks to your teeth!

What sort of bread do you eat?:confused:

I eat white bread because I like it and I don't really like brown but I'm quite a fussy eater 🙄

We eat brown bread - but when I was a child we only had white from the bakers and thickly cut with lashings of butter and jam and was lovely put under the grill for a couple of minutes - GORGEOUS! However, I now think white bread tastes of....well....nothing ..or cardboard!😱🙂Bev

we bake all our own! well, there is another of our communities a few miles away, who have a big bakery and they supply all our bread. they do all kinds - white, brown, sour dough, fruit load, rolls, seeded loaf...and loads more that i can't remember.

I've eaten wholemale bread for years because I like it. Have recently been using Warburton's seeded batch loaf after reading that seeds lower the GI. It keeps well too, which is good as I am trying to reduce amounts.

I don't like white bread 😱 I have eaten wholemeal bread for years.
I like the fresh rolls from Morrisons, Tesco's and M&S 😛
If I shop in Asda, we usually get Robertsons half loaf, wholemeal or oatmeal. We aren't big bread eaters and a lot of our bread ends up in the bin. I only eat either one wholemeal roll or two slices of wholemeal bread a day.
It used to annoy when shopping on a Saturday morning in Asda and there were lots of different varies of fresh baked white baguettes, but no granary baguettes 😡
I like Hovis 50/50 for toast, but haven't had any toast for more than a month :(

I don't eat much bread these days, but when I do have any it's wholegrain all the way. Luckily there's a little bakery up the road that does a nice little granary loaf.

I'm similar to Alison - these days I hardly eat any bread at all since I found out by testing what it did to raise my blood glucose levels into double figures.

I have hovis granary always i cannot stand white now.

Well I used to like white bread for certain things like when having a bacon sandwich but now I eat almost nothing but brown. I like Hovis' granary bread with seeds.

..........It keeps well too, which is good as I am trying to reduce amounts.........
Hi Anita,

Have you tried keeping the bread in the freezer and removing it slice by slice as you need it. That was something we did when we started eating a lot less bread.

Best wishes - John

Hi ...

I must admit I like a bit of white bread no and again .... 😱 .. sorry .. But for Nathan its Hovis Granary, wholewheat, or wholemeal and anything with seeds in ... he not a fan of white at all ...

Heidi
xx:D

brown seeded bread, but the only thing i will have with white is a bacon sarnie as brown doesent seem to taste the same:D

Aldi do some nice seed batch loaves and a lot cheaper than the other supermarkets.

I too don't eat much bread at all. I have determined, by testing my BS, that bread, of any kind sends my BS "through the roof".

Regards Dodger

I've never understood why white bread seems to be so popular. My local co-op sells almost exclusively white bread, same at tescos mini-store. I don't personally see the appeal - it's flavourless and sticks to your teeth!

What sort of bread do you eat?:confused:

I like white bread and wholemeal bread, just not granery bread or whatever it is!! :D

Its Burgen Soya and Linseed bread for me, or a nice Malted Brown seeded loaf.

Bread, at today's prices is a luxury surely!

Anyway we have a freezer loaf for toast, normally bog standard brown or wholemeal, and have wholemeal pittas in freezer too, mind you that sends my levels up the pictures! everyday bread is a seeded granary type made in bread machine! I would like a white loaf for snack piece with loads of butter and peanut butter (which I call nutter butter! :D)

vogel loafs are lovely and they do not add sugar !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back