Bread

Status
Not open for further replies.
only cold meat i like is chicken, ham, salami, pepperami. I love cheese, my fav is lancashire crumble and no i wont stop eating it 😛

I'm not big cheese eater, but I love Lancashire (I grew up in the county, not far from Burnley.). Struggle to find a decent one. A local deli that has long since closed down did a great one.

I made a salad with chicken, apples, celery and dill with a dressing made from olive oil, lemon juice, yoghurt and red wine vinegar. It makes a great lunch. I usually leftover chicken from Sunday lunch or oven bake a breast marinated in lemon juice.

I'm not big cheese eater, but I love Lancashire (I grew up in the county, not far from Burnley.). Struggle to find a decent one. A local deli that has long since closed down did a great one.

I made a salad with chicken, apples, celery and dill with a dressing made from olive oil, lemon juice, yoghurt and red wine vinegar. It makes a great lunch. I usually leftover chicken from Sunday lunch or oven bake a breast marinated in lemon juice.
There used to be a good cheese stall on Coventry market but it was closed last time we went. The Aldi Lancashire cheese is not bad, but if you want a trip out then the cheese shop in Moreton on March is good but pricey.

Weirdly, before I was diagnosed I had stopped eating bread as it made me feel ill.
I remember feeling particularly bad after a ill advised pizza. It was whilst i was as i waited about 2 weeks for my initial tests. I avoided sugary stuff in that time (i suspected i had diabetes) but didn't realise other carbs were just as bad.

What bread do I need to eat, wholegrain? multigrain? I have read an watched loads and which is best to eat and how much?

U till you test you wont know answer.

I like seeded breads, Sainsburys do nice 18% seeded but slices are good size so might not be suitable for you, trouble is with lower carb ones they compromise on size, so might not have much carbs but slices are tiny & you'd struggle to make decent sarnie with them.

What bread do I need to eat, wholegrain? multigrain? I have read an watched loads and which is best to eat and how much?

Hi SC-Fi,
Like yourself I am type 2 and I still eat bread in moderartion but I do now eat Nimble Wholemeal and I find a couple of slices for a sandwich or toasted is fine and doesnt spike my bloods 🙂

Bread was the thing I found hardest to cut down on. By testing my blood glucose, after two hours, the lovely breads and toast I used to eat used to send my readings high. Cut bread out totally for a while to break the habit - as I just couldn’t eat it in moderation.
I keep a small Warburtons “No added sugar“ bread in the freezer. It 9g of carbs a slice and occasionally have a slice toasted, with a couple of poached eggs and butter, or peanut butter.
Seems to work for me and satisfies the craving, well more or less!
I’m now a lot better at eating bread in moderation, not that I eat it often.

Bread was the thing I found hardest to cut down on. By testing my blood glucose, after two hours, the lovely breads and toast I used to eat used to send my readings high. Cut bread out totally for a while to break the habit - as I just couldn’t eat it in moderation.
I keep a small Warburtons “No added sugar“ bread in the freezer. It 9g of carbs a slice and occasionally have a slice toasted, with a couple of poached eggs and butter, or peanut butter.
Seems to work for me and satisfies the craving, well more or less!
I’m now a lot better at eating bread in moderation, not that I eat it often.
I find it impossible to stay in range on more than i slice of bread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back