Brain fog and numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Sorry I've not updated sooner but I've been giving myself time until I had a clearer picture of what was going on. I've not been able to get in at the doctors yet, but I've had three days without brain fog so far. I've drastically adhered to a good diet, exercise and walking plan and feeling much better all round. I have a CGM on now and can see a bit clearer what's going on. My fasting BG starts of high and makes it's way to 'normal range' and manages to remain there. Had really good BG control up to two hours after an evening meal then I had a hypo. I rectified that and then woke in the night with another hypo. So it's all still a work in progress but at least I will have this to show a GP or diabetic nurse. The GPs either don't seem to understand any of this or think I'm imagining symptoms so this way they'll see I'm not!

I rectified that and then woke in the night with another hypo.
Good to hear that you are feeling better and getting a bit better control. Just wanted to comment on your overnight hypo and make sure you are aware that CGM can give false low readings during the night if you lie on the sensor. We refer to it as compression lows. It is therefore important to double check any low alarms CGM gives with a finger prick unless you feel obviously hypo, otherwise you can end up treating a hypo that doesn't exist and end up high in the morning. Apologies if you are aware of this quirk of CGM and it was a genuine hypo.... but important to understand the limitations and quirks of CGM and compression lows are not something that the manufacturer generally makes people aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back