Booster vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bics

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I'm due to have my booster vaccine today. I'm a little worried as all I've heard are horror stories of people having bad side effects. Has anyone had theirs yet? If so, was it all ok? Thanks

Hi I'm due to have my booster vaccine today. I'm a little worried as all I've heard are horror stories of people having bad side effects. Has anyone had theirs yet? If so, was it all ok? Thanks
I had mine on Monday, the Pfizer this time. I had a bit of a stiff arm after, for 24 hours , (but only sore if I rolled over on to it, or pressed it to check). Otherwise, nothing.

My MIL, mum and partner have all had their boosters (although only MIL is diabetic) and all they had was a sorer arm again

I had mine a couple of weeks ago. Pfizer. A sore arm for a day. Checked my sugar levels a few times up to 24 hours later. Absolutely no problem.

I had my booster few weeks back & no side effects whatsoever. I had AZ for the first two & side effects were awful for me. But the pfizer fir booster caused me no problems.

Thanks so much. I think that's what it is. The anti vaxers. My sister has refused her booster. Telling me it causes serious chest issues (which I already have) and heart failure. I have been quite worried. I am definitely going to get it done later though as I want to be protected.
Many thanks

Just a sore arm for a day for me.
No reason to discourage anyone from having their booster.

If you already have chest issues, I think the risk of getting them with covid is much greater than the risk with a booster jab.

Thanks so much. I think that's what it is. The anti vaxers. My sister has refused her booster. Telling me it causes serious chest issues (which I already have) and heart failure. I have been quite worried. I am definitely going to get it done later though as I want to be protected.
Many thanks
Your sister shouldn't tell you that. If it helps i have severe lung problems (cystic fibrosis) & pulmonary hypertension (right sided heart problems) & covid vaccines/flu jab has caused me no problems.
Anti vaxxers drive me crazy with their ignorance.

Many thanks
And all the data suggests with this delayed third dose the protection is really good. (And based on one person who had a third dose of Moderna about 8 months ago, long lasting.)

Yes I totally agree with you. I lost my other sister to covid a year ago now and if anything it has made me want the booster to be protected. Just wanted to reassured by you all. Thanks so much

Another one to reassure you here. I had AZ for first two vaccines and felt rough for a couple of days. Pfizer booster last month caused a very minorly sore arm and otherwise no problems at all.

Had my booster last week. A sore arm for a couple of days and no other effects

Just remember that far, far more people have died and been seriously ill from catching Covid than from any complications from vaccinations. It's a no-brainer for me. Had my booster last weekend and my daughter had her first dose (she's 15 so only just been invited). We both briefly had sore arms but nothing more, daughter has been running her insulin pump at 150% since then to try to keep her blood sugars down but has started dropping low today so we can start to reduce it again. Less than a week of blood sugar disruption isn’t so bad.

Its so uplifting hearing so many of us are getting our boosters. I know quite a few people who are either anti vaxxers, covid deniers or who refuse to wear masks because of their human rights.

I know quite a few people who are either anti vaxxers, covid deniers or who refuse to wear masks because of their human rights.
We each live in our own bubbles, I guess. I know of one person I know who hasn't been vaccinated (I don't know why). Otherwise (as far as I know) everyone I know has been, and has been keen to get vaccinated as quickly as they possibly can. (Our return to the office plan has restrictions about vaccination, but it seems just a formality since I think we're all vaccinated now.)

I had my flu vaccination and booster on Wednesday, apart from a tender arm for a couple of hours no other issues, all good and delighted I have more protection from the virus.

Yep had mine (my first pfizer) and had my flu jab in the other arm at the same time.

No problems at all 🙂

Many thanks
If it helps, a gentleman I know is a anti vaxer he contracted Covid spent 8 weeks in a coma and now has another 6mths in hospital just so he can function in a semi normal way. I wish him well but have no sympathy for him.

Moral of the story a few side effects is def a lot better than getting Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back