Bolus and Basal troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you get some good pointers from your DSN @Silent Sands

Might be worth jotting down the things you want to chat through or ask about in a notebook. All too easy for the discussion to veer off at tangents when the nurse starts asking questions on your first topic, and then if you are like me you realise out of a list of 5 things you wanted to discuss, you only remember.
That's an excellent idea, thankyou.

Humilin I is an isophane (NPH) insulin, which has a slightly peakier reputation, and some studies show greater risk of nighttime hypos. Some Drs used to recommend a small snack if taking at bedtime.

It’s a conversation for @Silent Sands DSN really, but I would imagine splitting the dose in to 2 parts would be doable, as long as the hypo risk was mitigated, and there wasn’t too much of a dose peaking overnight?
Might explain one or two anomalies during the night which wouldn't necessarily follow as I only have a single morning dose. But I'll keep it in mind and let you all know what happens.... if anything.

An Update. As of yesterday morning, I've been put on an evening dose of Humulin I together with getting the Libre 2 on prescription.

I did have a hypo warning early this morning.

Thanks for the update @Silent Sands

Hope you find Libre2 helpful, and the alarms help you increase your ‘time in range’

With the Humulin I dose split, it's made a great difference in helping me keep with target 75% of the time, so far so yes. But, it's only early days- perhaps the target time will increase.

Watching out for the dips in BG, especially at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back