BMJ 24-5-21 article Diabetes remission and low carb definitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, sysnthesis is the artificial execution of chemical reactions to obtain one or several products.
It is literally making something up out of different parts.

Or in writing, synthesis refers to combining multiple sources and ideas. Using information from several sources to create new ideas based on your analysis of what you have read.
The evidence has been made from reading, and combining different evidence from other studies.
Again, it's literally been made up from different parts.

And the evidence they did read was of low to moderate certainty in the original studies. Certainly no where near certain.

However, my point was, once again it's yet another meta-analysis, which actually states it's own validity is built on questionable data, and published in the BMJ, rather than any meaningful research.
I know about the first definition as I used to be in Chemistry.

I don't agree with your other conclusions. I think you're extrapolating too far.

Hi, yes over-eating also causes obesity. Carbs are turned to glucose in the stomach and are either used for 'immediate' energy needs or stored as fat. If I eat more carbs than I currently do, not only will my BS increase but so will my weight.

Yes but that doesn't mean carbs cause obesity.
You could say exactly the same thing for over-eating any food category.
It's a calorie thing more generally, not specifically a carb thing.

That always puzzled me.
I always wondered, if the theory is, only carbs make you fat, carbs are turned to glucose, and stored as fat, why don't I waste away entirely if I eat less carbs, as my body will have to use the fat stored in my body to make glucose.
If I ate no carbs at all, say a completely meat only diet, would my body eventually become fat free?
And if I ate more meat then I needed to, I wouldn't put any fat back on?

No one ever explained the answers, or indeed, did answer that?

It's not just carbs which can make you fat.
Over-eating things like nuts or fat will do it too.
Anyone claiming it's just carbs to blame for obesity is flying in the face of accepted science.

Is it perhaps the case that as in the absence of ingested carbs the liver creates them and releases them into the blood stream. It only stops if the pancreas secretes insulin when BG rises. The liver would then perhaps have both the excess to recover and the current batch "on the go" and store both as fat rather than releasing it to the blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back