Blood Pressure tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well saw the doc - Ramipril 2.5mg and a blood test in a week. Bp to be taken in a months time and prescription adjusted accordingly then. Metformin will be sometime in May after my review end of April/beg May.

And then I asked for a prescription for strips 😱 I explained all that I had learned from testing - the progress I was making, how I was motivated, the foods I found I couldn't tolerate so well, etc etc and she firstly looked shocked and the came out with the usual 'no need to test, follow your diet and your Hba1c tells all we need to know' and carried waffling on for a further few mins stumbling over her words so much I nearly laughed as she was trying to justify not giving me strips. Think I am going to enjoy making her explain this every time I see her :D

Well saw the doc - Ramipril 2.5mg and a blood test in a week. Bp to be taken in a months time and prescription adjusted accordingly then. Metformin will be sometime in May after my review end of April/beg May.

And then I asked for a prescription for strips 😱 I explained all that I had learned from testing - the progress I was making, how I was motivated, the foods I found I couldn't tolerate so well, etc etc and she firstly looked shocked and the came out with the usual 'no need to test, follow your diet and your Hba1c tells all we need to know' and carried waffling on for a further few mins stumbling over her words so much I nearly laughed as she was trying to justify not giving me strips. Think I am going to enjoy making her explain this every time I see her :D

They usually try to build you up to a dose of 10mg ramipril - it was when they started to increase it for me from 2.5 that I started to get nausea symptoms so it was changed to candesartan.

It's a shame that your doctor persisted in denying you strips because (clearly!) of the cost, when she obviously saw that you were benefitting from testing. Make her squirm until she coughs up! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back