Blood glucose testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all go through phases of doing whatever is easiest when we've got young children, don't we? Looking after kids is bloody hard work even when they don't have medical conditions. Don't beat yourself up about it, just take things a day at a time and you'll get there.

Don't worry! Some friends eventually adopted a baby - and the husband used to often come home at 6pm and find his wife still in her nightclothes, to begin with!

You don't sound quite as chaotic as that yet!

I see all these mums on YouTube home Baking and making all sorts of foods and there's me with frozen food and quick meals I feel so lousy tuna pasta is great to go to and so simple
You are doing brilliantly with something that is still so knew.

Think of repeated meals as an advantage as you will be more familiar with the carbs.
I suspect the ones on You Tube are their one offs and in between there will be the regular meals.

It sounds like you are in good company on here, and I am glad that you have @Bronco Billy and @Sally71 on hand with advice as parents. I was around when Sally and her daughter were new to this and she was asking much the same questions. Just keep in touch.

Yes I have the book the problem is not having time to read it I have scanned through a couple of pages
It will be there when you need it, and eventually have some time to dip into it.
For now just keep firing the questions.

Thank you guys so much I would love to meet u guys one day because I think you are all amazing you've been my support from day 1 and give me some peace and reassurance even though a mothers heart will never be at peace its people like you who give me some inspiration in life. I want my kids to have a great life I think I'm just worried about my daughter to arrive and how I will look after her at the same time it's so scary

Thank you guys so much I would love to meet u guys one day because I think you are all amazing you've been my support from day 1 and give me some peace and reassurance even though a mothers heart will never be at peace its people like you who give me some inspiration in life. I want my kids to have a great life I think I'm just worried about my daughter to arrive and how I will look after her at the same time it's so scary
Based on how well you are managing this life changer, you will manage the next steps too.
Your kids are well off with you around.

Based on how well you are managing this life changer, you will manage the next steps too.
Your kids are well off with you around.
I'm not coping very well if I'm honest tears night and day and sleepless nights I often think about the past and I'm worried for the future too I'm spiralling into a downwards tunnel

You have to grieve, for the old life you don't have any more. But you will get used to the new one because you have to, and it does get easier with time, honest! It took me 6 months before I could cry at all, and then I was up and down all over the place for another 6 months until I finally let it all out properly. And then I was a total basket case for a couple of weeks but after that felt so much stronger and actually started to believe that I knew what I was doing and didn't have to check every tiny little thing with the nurse any more. Wish I could have got all that over and done with a bit quicker!

I'm not coping very well if I'm honest tears night and day and sleepless nights I often think about the past and I'm worried for the future too I'm spiralling into a downwards tunnel
I am sorry you are feeling so bad at present. When I was very low a person passing stopped and just sat down next to me and said ‘we are all stronger than we think’. That stuck with me, and I hope that you can believe that. It is very understandable to be grieving for the life before, but as Sally and Bronco Billy have said it does get easier.
Do you have support around you? Don’t be afraid to ask for help, and certainly be honest with your care team. You will not be the first to struggle and they are there to help you.
Keep in touch with questions, in need of an electronic hug, a winge , a rant. Whatever you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back