Blood Glucose Meters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Optium Xceed that does the Ketones and yes it's different strips for blood or ketones.

NiVZ

I started out with an old Menarini Glucomen, which was okay, 'did the job' when it was all new to me, but now I have a Bayer Contour, which I really like. I've not been 'at it' long enough to make comparisons etc, (not really sure I can be bothered, tbh!!) I'm sure there are better ones out there, but at the moment I'm happy with mine!

xx

snap helen..i was offered to trade it in by the chemist for a new one which i tried but it was abit complcated and bulky...i gave it back... the contour is quite small...did yours come with the nifty little bag to hold all the stuff ?

snap helen..i was offered to trade it in by the chemist for a new one which i tried but it was abit complcated and bulky...i gave it back... the contour is quite small...did yours come with the nifty little bag to hold all the stuff ?

Yep! Well, more of a kinda small, soft zip up case than a bag.......... but you can get bags (pink or blue, I think) if you send 'em two test strips box tops!! They play on your conscience though, cos an alternative is to send test strips to a 3rd world country..................... 😎

xx

Yep! Well, more of a kinda small, soft zip up case than a bag.......... but you can get bags (pink or blue, I think) if you send 'em two test strips box tops!! They play on your conscience though, cos an alternative is to send test strips to a 3rd world country..................... 😎

xx

yep more like a little case..well useful i stuff my metaformin in it when go away! i didnt know about that test strip box top thingy....i d go for the test strips...as i like my black case....
xx

Hello,

I think we're able to borrow a CGMS from our clinic for a period of a week or so.

At my last DAFNE annual meet up one of the patients had bought his own. It cost him more than ?3000 plus the sensors cost ?30 and must be changed every 3 days.

NiVZ

It's the Optium Xceed that does the Ketones and yes it's different strips for blood or ketones.

NiVZ

I got mine free, as with all my meters, by phoning up the company and asking about the meter, but not sure if this was becasue I'm T1 and testing a lot? As someone else said, the leads and software are free as a rule, if you phone up and ask, or send away the occassional pull-outs from 'Balance. Yes Sofaraway, you're right, Balance seems to publish a list of meters and their attributes once a year.

I phoned for my Freedom Freestyle Lite cable and software on Friday, and received them first class post on Saturday - now thats what I call service!

I phoned for my Freedom Freestyle Lite cable and software on Friday, and received them first class post on Saturday - now thats what I call service!

yup there brill at abbotts i did the same but i ordered the control solution and got it next day

Have added some more meters to the list on page 2

NiVZ

Cheers NiVZ

I noticed that neither Jazz are avaliable yet?? But they have been advertising a while I thought!!:confused:

Cheers NiVZ

I noticed that neither Jazz are avaliable yet?? But they have been advertising a while I thought!!:confused:

The website hasn't been updated. I've had a Jazz Wavesense now for nearly a year, plus software and cable etc. You just need to phone. They sent me one for free. Love it, but temporarily using a meter which stores more info like amount of insulin, excercise etc, etc,

I use an Accu-Chek Compact which I got free from my DSN, but would like to get something a bit smaller.

I use an Accu-Chek Compact which I got free from my DSN, but would like to get something a bit smaller.

Ring them up and ask for an Aviva Nano, they are quite small and they'd be happy to keep you using their strips!🙂

Ring them up and ask for an Aviva Nano, they are quite small and they'd be happy to keep you using their strips!🙂

Thanks I may just do that.

If anyone wants my two-pennethworth on meters then there's a whole load of reviews I've written here:

http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/category/general-reviews/meter-reviews/

In my view the best meter is the Abbott Freestyle Lite - mainly because it's got a light that lights up the test strip (very useful for night-time use) and the strips allow you to add more blood if you don't put enough on first time, instead of chucking you a error message and demanded you start again like most meters.

If anyone wants my two-pennethworth on meters then there's a whole load of reviews I've written here:

In my view the best meter is the Abbott Freestyle Lite - mainly because it's got a light that lights up the test strip (very useful for night-time use) and the strips allow you to add more blood if you don't put enough on first time, instead of chucking you a error message and demanded you start again like most meters.

i have the freestyle freedom meter that dont light up and i also cant big it up enuff i love mine

Cheers for that I may have me a read🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back