Blood Glucose Meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That other thread by KayleighW about help for a diabetes related design project got me thinking. Nothing too deep don't worry.

Is there a comprehensive list of all the manufaturers of blood glucose testing meters? So that one could have a perusal of all the meters avaliable?
I would happily pay for one if there is a better one out there for my management of this disease! Obviously would also have to check that the strips are avaliable with my quack before shelling out the readies.

I have a bayer bayer Contour, so I guess Bayer Bayer is on the list, some of you also mention one touch, are there many more?

Maybe eventually when the list is complete and the information section is (if it is to be) added to this website you could have a listing of the manufaturers and links to their websites?

Thats all folks

Rossi 🙂

The One Touch range is by Lifescan which is a Johnson & Johnson company, same as who make the Animas pumps.

There is Roche, Abbott, and lots more but I have to go to school !

i know of lifescan ,accu chek, abbott, bayer, freestyle, onetouch

Abbots do the Precision Xtra, Freestyle Lite and Freestyle Freedom Lite. Bayer seem to have a few, The Breeze, Contour, Didget, Glucometer etc. Roche has the Accu-Check Aviva, Aviva Nano and Compact Plus, also the Medisense Optium Plus. Lifescan do the OneTouch range including the neat little USB one

Last edited:
Ross..

Guess what a load of diabetics will (or should) be bringing with them to the British Museum on Saturday....?

A good excuse to compare meters I reckon.

then you've got the glucomen ones, there is usually about once a year in Balance a pullout of all the insulins avalaible and then they do one with all the glucose meter avaliable (I hope I'm not making that up)

i have a accu-check compact plus but i am wanting one that i can use with the pc any suggesions?

i have a accu-check compact plus but i am wanting one that i can use with the pc any suggesions?

I really like my Freestyle Freedom Lite and Abbot sent me the cable free and software so now I can download my data too.

Hello,

Decided to see how many I could find, so here's the start of a list (just click on the name to visit the website) In alphabetical order so no favouritism

I'll try and add pictures once I figure out how to re-size them.

If I had more time I might compare main features.

PS The Compact Plus GT has a nice way of holding everything (meter, strips, lancet) together like we were discussing in the other thread.

Abbott
FreeStyle Freedom
FreeStyle Lite
Optium Xceed (does blood ketones)

Accu-Chek
Aviva
Aviva Nano
Compact Plus GT

Bayer
Breeze 2
Contour
Contour USB (Not yet available)

Lifescan
OneTouch UltraEasy
OneTouch UltraSmart
OneTouch Vita

Menarini
GlucoMen Glyco
GlucoMen LX
GlucoMen PC
GlucoMen Visio

TrueResult
TRUE2go
TRUEresult
TRUEtrack
TRUEbalance
TRUEread
Sidekick
PrestigeIQ
TrackEASE

Wavesense
Jazz

NiVZ

Last edited:
Wowser Cheers NiVZ! I was going to get around to that but you've saved me the bother!

Anyone know of any others??

Last edited:

Yep all the One Touch range. I use a programme on the web rather than what the company gives. Its brilliant and we download the pumps on it as well.

thanks for all the repiles just been showing them all to the hubby as he know more about computers than me lol
just seen on that works with mt current meter and i can get a voucher towards the cost from the dsn happy days

Last edited:

Phone Roche's care line and they will send you cables and software to download your meter to the computer for free. I know this as I'm looking at mine as I type.

Phone Roche's care line and they will send you cables and software to download your meter to the computer for free. I know this as I'm looking at mine as I type.

thanks for that the thing i was looking at would have cost me ?20 will phone them asap cheers

I started out with an old Menarini Glucomen, which was okay, 'did the job' when it was all new to me, but now I have a Bayer Contour, which I really like. I've not been 'at it' long enough to make comparisons etc, (not really sure I can be bothered, tbh!!) I'm sure there are better ones out there, but at the moment I'm happy with mine!

xx

This is good!

Another Q which one does the blood ketones check?? And does it use different strips? Are they more difficult to come by?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back