Blood glucose levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetAnn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I was diagnosed Oct last year at 90. 3 months of healthy eating with healthy carbs and 2 stone loss had my recent hbac1 at 53. I test before and after meals and have noticed that potatoes do not spike me at all. Recently I'm about 4 to 5 mmls before food and 6 to 7 after. But eating out at pub I had braiding steak with chips and veg soup with brown bread and was 6.7 after breakfast but 2 hours after that pub lunch I'm 4.2 mmls . Anyone else not affected by potatoes or odd chocolate either . I am being careful most of time.

I think most people would be envious of those readings but the 4.2mmol/l after such a heavy carb meal is quite surprising. It could be your body has responded to the high carbs by over producing insulin which has sent your levels quite low, almost approaching hypo level where you would not normally be advised to drive.
Somebody may have an alternative explanation.

I think most people would be envious of those readings but the 4.2mmol/l after such a heavy carb meal is quite surprising. It could be your body has responded to the high carbs by over producing insulin which has sent your levels quite low, almost approaching hypo level where you would not normally be advised to drive.
Somebody may have an alternative explanation.
I feel fine though, no dizzy spells etc. I have the same readings after I do a roast dinner. Never spike. White bread seems to be only thing that spikes me a bit but I avoid if I can. I'm just bit concerned why my readings seem ok after I eat carbs? As I do eat carbs albeit I pick good ones if you know what I mean. It's almost a worry if it's too low!!!!

I feel fine though, no dizzy spells etc. I have the same readings after I do a roast dinner. Never spike. White bread seems to be only thing that spikes me a bit but I avoid if I can. I'm just bit concerned why my readings seem ok after I eat carbs? As I do eat carbs albeit I pick good ones if you know what I mean. It's almost a worry if it's too low!!!!
If you drive you might want to check out this link for the rules.

If you drive you might want to check out this link for the rules.
Cheers, I've checked rules and I'm ok. Luckily all health checks normal with excellent kidney results. I feel lucky it was spotted and I got on top of it. I know everyone is different as reading this forum you see some people really struggling. I'm just doing best I can to live a healthy but not too restrictive life. Thanks for taking time to reply it's much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back