Blood glucose levels getting too high

Status
Not open for further replies.
itchy skin can be a sign of high blood sugar - I certainly used to get it when my BG was high (Before diagnosis). Can be caused by neuropathy or just dry skin.

10g of carbs can cause a rise of between 2 and 3, which about fits with that meal taking you from 11 to 24 if it’s around 40g of carbs.
Many thanks harbottle

Useful information.

I know I shouldn't have but I bought corn on the cob and had half with butter as a starter, its so tasty, 11 g for half according to google. its always disappointing when nutritional food items are not blood glucose friendly. Have to figure what else I can eat for dinner now.

Well my ketones are normal and currently levels between 15 & 22 mmol. I have made appointment next week for HbA1C blood test and following week diabetic nurse, that was the earliest appointment I could get. Mean time hope to bring levels down further with exercise and food, I seem, to have mislaid my carb and cals book so looking everything up on line.

Well my ketones are normal and currently levels between 15 & 22 mmol. I have made appointment next week for HbA1C blood test and following week diabetic nurse, that was the earliest appointment I could get. Mean time hope to bring levels down further with exercise and food, I seem, to have mislaid my carb and cals book so looking everything up on line.
hi jodee im sorry to here. did the water help or not to bring ya bloods down??

yes drinking copious amounts of water does help, thanks GeordieBoy especially when it was as high as it was the other night. I hope you are doing ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back