Blimey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Tested before tea - 5.9 mmol/l, tested at 9:40 - 5.9 mmol/l, tested just now 11:05 - 5.8 mmol/l

Don't think that's ever happened to me before! 😱

woah thats odd, wish i had that.
Tested after dinner, 8.2
gave the right insulin, didn't have any dessert.
Felt like i was high, so tested and they were 22.4 i was like YOU WHAT :O

oh yes they came down, down to 3.2 :|
just why ??

My new consultant thinks I'm still producing some insulin of my own which is helping my levels, so I'm pretty lucky I think.

Careful, you don't want to become a T1.5 or a T2, lol

My new consultant thinks I'm still producing some insulin of my own which is helping my levels, so I'm pretty lucky I think.

That makes alot of sense. No chance of that for me sadly as my pancreas has long since given up the ghost. Then again alot has changed since I was diagnosed.

Hmm...do you think they're working up to taking away my strips? 😱

To cap it all I have woken this morning to 5.7 mmol/l! 🙂

Don't let your GP near your BG records otherwise they will be after your test strips hahaa! I envy waking up to a 5.7 mmol/l, I'm still working on that one.

I had a pretty flat run on Saturday (which I found quite unnerving and wondered if my meter was acting up), but it wasn't THAT flat. Well done you! :D:D

*Is mighty jealous*

I've never had this before either, not even with the pump. Woke to 12.5 this morning.

Hope the rest of the day follows suit for you, Alan!

pretty impressive, I can't remember the last time I spent a whole day in range.
It does make sense that you are producing some of your own insulin as you are using so little basal insulin

Well done! I had an entire day of 12.1 recently, I started to think my meter was broken!

Well, I was 4.2 before lunch, 5.4 before tea, and am 5.5 4 hours after tea! Just debating whether to have some toast as I think I may still have some time to go on my teatime novorapid (usually lasts 5 hours in me).

Sure enough, dropped to 3.6 so toast and a jelly baby consumed. Must be the running as I thought I'd under-dosed for tea - obviously not! Now, do I reduce lantus as well? Think I'll give it a go!

Lowered my lantus last night and woke to a 5.3 this morning. Reduced my novorapid with my lunch and still managed to drop to 3.9 after two hours, so obviously than needs reducing further. These 'transitional' times are so tricky, knowing how much of a reduction to make!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back