Bit constipated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fibre & Bulk

Fibre and bulk is the way to go: cooked apples and bran. Usually helps alot.

Next question I would ask about meds: blood pressure tablets (calcium channel blockers), codeine, can be a prob. VCheck with your pharmcist.

Senna type things can form a 'dependency' in the long run.

Psyllium husk is good (metamucil).

Remember, fibre and bulk: so high fibre foods plesae and plenty of water.
michael hutch😛

Thanks everyone, I tried the senna last night, brilliant nights sleep, discomfort has eased and lots of wind. The instructions said it may take a couple of doses, so I'll see how I am on Monday.

Quick up date-the senna has worked. I feel much better now. Thanks everyone for your help.

I was going to say about diabetic chocolate or anything containing sorbitol - nasty stuff usually and I don't touch it, but useful at times!

u can get this powder stuff from the doctors, cant remember the name but it is pure mingin, tastes like the smell of a car tyre lol if that makes sense 😛

constipation is the worst! so uncomfortable and painful. :(

hope ur ok asap <3

Movicol? that is a power one but I always thought it smelt ok, bit like lemon. Never tasted it though so could taste awful.

Hi I tried the lactulose , it gave me awful stomach pains as it interacted with my Tablets for my Osterarthritis, on senna tablet but have just took myself off this as stomach pains was awful, it seem to interact with my Metaformin 1000.00mg.

Mike 🙂🙂

Mike,

Hubby has stuff for osteo artritis and has been told to avoid antacids so I wonder if you need also to avoid stuff for constipation too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back