Binge eating is hijacking my attempts to lose weight

If you are eating badly because of an underlying depression or anxiety problem then if you arecnot getting treatment for that then you need to ask for help

Most people with eating disorders are on some sort of medication for depression or anxiety like sertraline , fluoxetine , citalopram

In terms of talking therapy the wait is a very long time to tge point you need to be very ill and very underweight

BEAT , the charity for eating disorders will be worth contacting

I think we all know that behind over eating is unhappiness or depression and the best thing to do is to be gentle and kind to yourself

Take care

lol, just too many sweets and cakes 😳
You laugh, but I'm serious about eating pure granulated sugar.

Having a sweet-tooth is natural, given how necessary glucose is for our bodies. And the purest, quickest and cheapest source is granulated sugar. Durely it would make more sense for those seeking sugar to eat sugar, no?

You laugh, but I'm serious about eating pure granulated sugar.

Having a sweet-tooth is natural, given how necessary glucose is for our bodies. And the purest, quickest and cheapest source is granulated sugar. Durely it would make more sense for those seeking sugar to eat sugar, no?
One of the things my other half mentions is having sugar sandwiches when he was a kid growing up in Rhodesia.

Many many years ago before diabetes reared it's head I did Slimming World and at 5'1'' my target weight was 7 stone 10lbs. The lowest I got was 8 stone 12lbs and I looked skeletal.
Never been anywhere near that since.
Hi I’m newly diagnosed type 2, can I ask how you found slimming world worked with your diabetes please? I started before I was diagnosed and have lost 2 stone but hospital told me not to do it now and consider the shakes and soup plan which I don’t want to do xx

Hi I’m newly diagnosed type 2, can I ask how you found slimming world worked with your diabetes please? I started before I was diagnosed and have lost 2 stone but hospital told me not to do it now and consider the shakes and soup plan which I don’t want to do xx
Slimming World can work but you would need to tell your consultant that you are Type 2 diabetic and what medication you may be on. They advertise having a program which is suitable.
Careful choices of the meals, picking ones with lower carbohydrate, so avoiding those which are rice, pasta or potato based and bulking out with vegetables or salads.
I think the way it works is different from when I did it as then there were 'green' and 'red' days, but that was long before, 30 Plus years before, I was diagnosed as diabetic.
There is no reason why you would need to do a shakes and soups regime unless you feel you want to go with that approach.
However depending on what medication you may be taking then a low carb approach is one many find successful. You could look at this link https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/and see how it compares with your SW approach, you will probably find the biggest difference is SW goes with low fat whereas low carb tends to say avoid low fat and go with normal fat unless you need to for other medical reasons as fats and protein do not convert to glucose whereas carbs do.
What was your HbA1C as that will indicate how much work you need to do.

Back