BG rising & trace ketones... drat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.1 now, after 2nd correction on the pump... does that mean I don't need to change the set then?!!! :confused::confused:

Haven't eaten, don't want to add carbs to everything else now! Still waiting for a call back from nursery at some point today... not holding my breath... :(

Think I've been a plonker this time...!

Thinking about it... inaccurate carb est for roll / bap thingy... plus naughty cappuccino; and what was sprinkled on the cappo? Choc sprinkles...

Durrrr 🙄

Just never ever had to bolus for a cappo before!! Maybe it's my body's way of telling me I'm s'posed to be dieting lol!! BG finally coming down, in single figures now... that'll learn me, wheat puffs or weetabix from now on...!!

Thinking about it... inaccurate carb est for roll / bap thingy... plus naughty cappuccino; and what was sprinkled on the cappo? Choc sprinkles...

Durrrr 🙄

Just never ever had to bolus for a cappo before!! Maybe it's my body's way of telling me I'm s'posed to be dieting lol!! BG finally coming down, in single figures now... that'll learn me, wheat puffs or weetabix from now on...!!

OK, thing is now your pumping you need to bolus for EVERYTHING, like you i didnt used to bolus for 10cho etc according to dafne, however the pump is so sensitive, i even bolus small amounts of veg/salad or i go sky high. Cappuccino definaltely, milk is slow release cho and you are having quite a bit of milk there. You will get used to it i promise.

Durrrr 🙄

I am intreagued that you still think in terms of units per food item rather than just putting the carbs in the bolus wizard. I never look to see how many units for each food item anymore as it seems irrelavant.:DI really couldnt tell you how many units Alex has for a pizza - but I could tell you the carb count, the ratio and the dual wave etc..:D

Dont forget that on the pump you dont have the background insulin to help mop up things like cappucino's - so you have to be fairly accurate with the carb couting. Alex doesnt drink coffee's etc so not sure what the carbs would be in them. I think the fat in the bacon roll will have contributed to the high level later on - did you do a dual wave or similar? I would do a 70/30 split for a bacon roll over 3 or 4 hours to help with timing.

Alex cant tolerate any canula for more than 2 days so we change it as often as he needs it. Dont worry about the cost - when you think of how many needles, pens etc your not using it evens out.🙂Bev

Bolus wizard.... sigh... I still haven't got the handset part of the combo yet, just the pump... due tp staff training at the hospital (only 2 pump nurses & both training at the same time!) and their not being willing for me to come in with baby for the training session on the handset (& she's a good baby too!!!) :( So next date I can make with childcare & them not training is in a couple of weeks time alas....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back