Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Bayer Breeze 2

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other (please sate)

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooops - I've just sent for a Bayer Contour................................ :( I'm new to these things - I'm currently using a friend's old cast off which is a Glucomen Glyco with a low battery and slightly inaccurate readings, lol, but at least it gives me an IDEA of what my BG is !! - and I just took up the offer of a swanky new one for free. Didnt' know it would be cr*p. oh dear!! 🙄

xx

My 'official' one is an accu chek go, vey old fashioned and just about to come to the end of its 4 year life. If I ask I'm entitled to a new prescription.
I use an one touch ultrasmart : fortunately my prescription just says 'bandelettes' and one touch strips work the same in the France as in France. (ultra smart meter not available here and it means I have to convert from mmol/l to g/l for my doctor).
I like to use the accu chek compact for running but have to save that for races as they don't sell it here and I have to buy strips from the UK.

I use an one touch ultrasmart : ... it means I have to convert from mmol/l to g/l for my doctor).
You can set up the ultra smart (and I think most other meters) to use g/l (isn't that mg/l?)

@HelenP

You can change the setting to make the UltraSmart use either mmol/L or mg/dl

In writing my own program to read the BG meters I've discovered that the UltraEasy always stores the readings in the meters memory in mg/dl format in but uses a settings 'switch' (0 for mg/dl or 1 for mmol/L) and does the conversion (divide by 18 to convert mg/dl to mmol/L) as it displays them!!

NiVZ

I've got the freestyle lite I think it's called 🙄

I've got a Nano , a couple of Contours (dont like them :() and my main meter >> my Optium Xceed >> Love everything about it 🙂

Accu Chek Aviva, I might change to the Nano version as there seems to be many more functions on that one. It doesn't have much other than a whopping great memory of something like 500 tests and it does averages for 7, 14 and 30 day periods. Very helpful I find.

Tom

I use the One Touch Ultra and have been very happy with it, although I am looking at some of the even smaller meters on the market for a back up one.

I'm an xceed girl, always go back to it. I have tried the ultraeasy and nano but go back to the xceed. I do use the multiclix lancet device now though and it means i change the lancet every few days which was unheard of before.

Bayer Contour with the Medtronic Bluetooth Link and its S*** quite frankly!

To put it in some perspective for you, I would get a more a accurate reading if I were to phone 4 friends and take and average! Its a crock of s**** am I getting that across?

I like one touch. In the USA one touch have a metre with the medtronic link. Thats enough for me to consider emmigration.

x

Why do you not like it? Do you not think it is accurate?

Optium Xceed

Been using Optium Xceed for years and have 3 of them and they are the biggest load of kack on the planet, not always accurate go through batteries rapidly although batteries are free from Medisense.

The design is poor because when carried in the pocket the buttons get pressed which is the cause of battery running out.

I have had one of the old medisense G2 card readers for about ten years never needed a battery and always accurate just bad design sticks on that one.

Looking to get a new meter but can't decide waht to get, must be able to easily carry it my pocket. The Medisense G2 was perfect for that.

One day the peeps that design meters will ask the peeps with diabetes what they want from it. :D

Last edited:
Been using Optium Xceed for years and have 3 of them and they are the biggest load of kack on the planet, not always accurate go through batteries rapidly although batteries are free from Medisense.

The design is poor because when carried in the pocket the buttons get pressed which is the cause of battery running out.

I have had one of the old medisense G2 card readers for about ten years never needed a battery and always accurate just bad design sticks on that one.

Looking to get a new meter but can't decide waht to get, must be able to easily carry it my pocket. The Medisense G2 was perfect for that.

One day the peeps that design meters will ask the peeps with diabetes what they want from it. :D

I have to disagree with this , I have used several other meters and still keep coming back to my Optium Xceed . It is by far the best meter , in fact I have just got a new one from Abbott today >> free with all the extras 🙂 They will definately have my custom for a long time >>> Hopefully 😱

The design is poor because when carried in the pocket the buttons get pressed which is the cause of battery running out....

I don't understand why you would use meters that you rate so poorly for years? All the companies are falling over themselves to give meters away, so it's fairly easy to get hold of a new one, even it only for a tryout, and give it away if you don't like it.😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back