Bg Is 19.00 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally I am not able to give you medical advice, but if it were me I would drink pleanty and check for keytones in your urine.

Do you normally run high? How long have you been diagnosed Mathew?

if you have ketones you need to drink loads and keep an eye on them - if they persist you need to seek medical advice.

so an hour after 5u you are still 19? do you know what you were before the 5u or was it 19 then too?

Matt doesn't have any ketone sticks..........

And remember, there's still just under an hour for your BG to drop.

we can't give medical advice, but if that were me i would look to take some additional fast acting insulin. again that is not advice. you need to get your levels down, but exercising will just increase the ketones if there are any.

keep checking regularly to see if you are coming down. sounds like you might spend the night playing 'chase the blood sugar down', a fun game i have recently come to become expert in!

we can't give medical advice, but if that were me i would look to take some additional fast acting insulin. again that is not advice. you need to get your levels down, but exercising will just increase the ketones if there are any.

keep checking regularly to see if you are coming down. sounds like you might spend the night playing 'chase the blood sugar down', a fun game i have recently come to become expert in!

As have I! Nightmare isn't it? lol

Gosh that is quite a while, but its great that you have joined the forum because it is a great motivator to get things back on track and you will pick up lots of things. There was a thread today from Laura that is very inspiring, a new member who has had some really good numbers in the last couple of days and she has just joined. I hope it gives you some support from the experiences of others.

I was just wondering if you see a Diabetes Nurse? If you havent been testing for a while, it might be best touch base with your DSN, just to help get you back into good practises again and to keep track on your progress.

Keep well hydrated and drink plenty- do you have keytone strips?

Gosh that is quite a while, but its great that you have joinged the forum because it is a great motivator to get things back on track and you will pick up lots of things. There was a thread today from Laura that is very inspiring, a new member who has had some really good numbers in the last couple of days and she has just joined. I hope it gives you some support from the experiences of others.

I was just wondering if you see a Diabetes Nurse? If you havent been testing for a while, it might be best touch base with your DSN, just to help get you back into good practises again and to keep track on your progress.

Aww if that's me, I feel good for being an inspiration!

I'm the one who nagged him to join this forum as I have learnt loads in the few days I have been here and I've had good BGs all day today.

Gosh that is quite a while, but its great that you have joined the forum because it is a great motivator to get things back on track and you will pick up lots of things. There was a thread today from Laura that is very inspiring, a new member who has had some really good numbers in the last couple of days and she has just joined. I hope it gives you some support from the experiences of others.

haha! Laurar you are awake! Didnt realise you were online x

matt you're not going to die, but you need to get it under control. try testing every 20 minutes or so and see which direction your BG levels are going in - hopefully they should be going down.

what type of fast acting insulin do you take?

Have you thought about calling NHS Direct for some advice if you feeling unwell? It might give you some reasurrance...

Its 0845 4647

I'm one step ahead! Lol. Already told him to ring them but he wants to see what happens when he tests again at 11:40.

Men!! lol 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back