Been told not to correct for 24 hours after a hypo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ps If it is a falling out issue, I still tape over the op of mine just to keep them in. As self funded even a day of the life of a sensor is a costly affair. Now I will shut up about them.

Ah I see where the confusion about the ice cream was not 4.1 was after treating the hypo. The small; ce ball that never got eaten was included for in 10.1

Ps If it is a falling out issue, I still tape over the op of mine just to keep them in. As self funded even a day of the life of a sensor is a costly affair. Now I will shut up about them.
Yea but unfortunately my CCG they said this week they expect to have final guidelines by autumn 2022 after previously saying expect to have final guidelines by summer 2022.

Oh no it was falling off it was just literally the sensor stoping working.

It’s advice I’ve heard before, and I think @trophywench has suggested a variant (but perhaps not 24 hours?)

I do know that statistically once you have had one hypo, you are much more likely to have another one in the same day. At least in part because some of the possible causes/contributory factors of the initial hypo can remain present (change in insulin sensitivity, lingering effects of exercise, effect of ambient temperature, changes in stress levels, liver replenishing stores etc etc).

So it might be worth experimenting with as a strategy?

Yeah - that's the really old advice Mike - but it's still true. However a full 24 hrs would drive me bonkers so unless I really had long stubborn hypos, I wouldn't go that long. All I do should I get a stubborn period of very lows now, is deliberately overcorrect with the carbs and sleep on it. Start again tomorrow!

That's my guess. It's a temporary suggestion (to see how things work out with fewer hypos) more than a rule for life.
Oh just spotted no she differently did mean it as in gernal and kind explained the whole liver thing and said "it can make your levels quite unpredictable")

I think given the last few days I might try out this rule(witthen reason as i might not want to leave to alone if its 14 and certainly not if its 16 or higher)

Athough I think the reason for this new slight madness is the nurse saying on monday "Everything looks prefect to me") so the blood suger hearing and saying "oh no we can't have that" :rofl:

Atough not sure I should apply it to the earlier 3.8 because it was only just

I think given the last few days I might try out this rule(witthen reason as i might not want to leave to alone if its 14 and certainly not if its 16 or higher)
It’s a suggestion you’ve been given, which you have the option of trying, not a rule you have to follow.

The only person who decides your insulin doses is you. So it’s just a new option that you can experiment with and decide whether it helps you or not, after different types of hypos. You might find a bg level where for hypos under that it’s worth it and hypos over that it’s not.

Yes I was sa
It’s a suggestion you’ve been given, which you have the option of trying, not a rule you have to follow.

The only person who decides your insulin doses is you. So it’s just a new option that you can experiment with and decide whether it helps you or not, after different types of hypos. You might find a bg level where for hypos under that it’s worth it and hypos over that it’s not.
Yes I was saying it might be good idea to try it. And there's good reason for this thought it came from what's been happening for 2 days so I thought it seemed senisble to to give it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back