Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonderful image John (do Scottish pigeons really wear kilts? Could be a poem in that!)🙂

Mine has finally arrived, not had a chance to fully look through it yet but pleased to see there's a lot of response to the 'sensitive nurse's' letter and to the DAFNE one too.

A wonderful image John (do Scottish pigeons really wear kilts? Could be a poem in that!)🙂

Nah. The ones up here are too hardy and stagger around just wrapped in thought and wearing a smile.

Mag arrived today and in it was a survey. Did we all receive this?

Yep mine landed this morning, survey and other junk!

It really annoys me that there are so many leaflets in each issue, if we're such an attractive market to these companies why don't they pay to be on the page, otherwise they only make file 13!

As for comments on the mag, I've always enjoyed reading it, think there is a reasonable balance on the content front and we need to keep in mind it is a charity, and this is only part of their communication and work.

I also received my first issue of Sweet a week or so ago. A quick scan and it wasn't really a format I was comfortable with first off, since then haven't picked it up... now a certain dog of mine might have done so.. BRUCE!!!! 🙄

Its An Outrage!

Thoroughly enjoyed the excuse to sit in the sunshine in the garden and read Balance. Spotted a poem but not one of Northerner's and a competition for writers/poets who need to be young.

YES i NOTICED THIS TOO AND GOT REALLY EXCITED FOR NORTHERNER!!!! But then it occured to me perhaps they are cashing in on his talent, they have nicked his idea of writing poems about diabetes and then excluded him from the competition....PAH! ITS AN OUTRAGE!

Northerner, what do you think of this? And watch out no-one nicks your good work....😛

There was a survey in one of the nature magazines ages ago that reckoned birds had regional accents, I'd love my Balance delivered by a kilt wearing pigeon. I will have to make to with a hairy legged postlady who's a bit bandy and has a moustache bringing mine which arrived yesterday.

Actually she had delivered about 15 along our road and because the husband happened to be in when she knocked (we had a whole bag of post yesterday) she asked what Balance magazine was. She thought it was for acrobats and high wire peformers. Hubby pointed to Diabetes UK poster in the window and handed her a couple of leaflets to put up in the sorting office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back