backround testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
thinking of doing backround testing tomorrow morning or sometime this week. as my current reginge on leivermir does not seems to be working. so i am wordering if my mealtime ratio was wrong and the trisbia was just making up for it or its the lievermir causeing problems but nervous.

Comment

Personally, at such an early stage after diagnosis, I really wasn't ready to interpret my results and start thinking about adjusting my basal doses. Your Libre graphs are really not bad at all for the early stages that you are at with your diabetes and I do wonder if you might be trying to run before you can walk.
Have your team suggested that they are happy for you to adjust your basal insulin doses, especially when you have only just had you basal insulin changed. I imagine they will be wanting to see "normal data" from you at this stage and really be wanting to see you get to grips with the basics of carb counting and adjusting your bolus insulin.

I am very aware that you get anxious about your diabetes and I think you don't need to be worrying about your basal dose as well at this stage. If your Libre results were poor, that might be another matter, but they are good, so I would not be messing with your basal at the moment.

Was there any particular reason why they changed your basal insulin from Tresiba to Levemir? Was it because you were hypoing at night?

Personally, at such an early stage after diagnosis, I really wasn't ready to interpret my results and start thinking about adjusting my basal doses. Your Libre graphs are really not bad at all for the early stages that you are at with your diabetes and I do wonder if you might be trying to run before you can walk.
Have your team suggested that they are happy for you to adjust your basal insulin doses, especially when you have only just had you basal insulin changed. I imagine they will be wanting to see "normal data" from you at this stage and really be wanting to see you get to grips with the basics of carb counting and adjusting your bolus insulin.

I am very aware that you get anxious about your diabetes and I think you don't need to be worrying about your basal dose as well at this stage. If your Libre results were poor, that might be another matter, but they are good, so I would not be messing with your basal at the moment.

Was there any particular reason why they changed your basal insulin from Tresiba to Levemir? Was it because you were hypoing at night?
i'm going to call them tomorrow as well i talk to them before making any adjustment. im just thinking of not having any carbs for backfast to see if i still drop. currenttly im on 1 to 10 for backfast 1 to 15 for lunch and 1 to 20 for dinner but that does not seem to working with the livermir im sure the trisbias out of my system now, they did say i could adjust it if i found out stuff. i might swap back to trisba as im not sure i like livemir

was it not you that sujested it it was my choice they gave me too options i was droping at night if i had a buiser day but not at other times

i'm going to call them tomorrow as well i talk to them before making any adjustment. im just thinking of not having any carbs for backfast to see if i still drop. currenttly im on 1 to 10 for backfast 1 to 15 for lunch and 1 to 20 for dinner but that does not seem to working with the livermir im sure the trisbias out of my system now, they did say i could adjust it if i found out stuff. i might swap back to trisba as im not sure i like livemir
the libre gargh is showing i have a loy less hypos the i d0

No harm in skipping breakfast and seeing what happens. I skip meals all the time for a variety of reasons and I get a lot of info from watching my Libre whilst doing that, without formally doing a "full basal test".
Yes, I thought I had mentioned it or asked about it but I didn't know if you requested the change or if they suggested it and I wasn't sure my suggestion about night time hypos was accurate. You have to remember that I only see a very small proportion of your results and they may not be representative of what is happening regularly and sometimes I struggle to understand the results you post, so just wondered if your team had also identified a problem with night time hypos or if it was just something you had mentioned to them/requested.

Good news that you are getting less hypos since the change. What makes you want to go back to the Tresiba?

I chopped and changed between NovoRapid and Fiasp as my quick acting insulin on a 3 month basis and couldn't make up my mind and eventually decided that I needed to give the Fiasp a full year's trial which was a good move because between 4-5 months in, I started to get to grips with it..... Maybe I am a slow learner 🙄 but I am pleased I persisted.
I think the differences in insulins can be quite small and subtle and there are so many other things which also affect BG levels that it takes time to see patterns and work out strategies to cope with them, which is why I think it is important to commit to a longer period of trial than just a couple of weeks. It is of course entirely reasonable to tweak the doses and timing of them during that time to find the best fit.

No harm in skipping breakfast and seeing what happens. I skip meals all the time for a variety of reasons and I get a lot of info from watching my Libre whilst doing that, without formally doing a "full basal test".
Yes, I thought I had mentioned it or asked about it but I didn't know if you requested the change or if they suggested it and I wasn't sure my suggestion about night time hypos was accurate. You have to remember that I only see a very small proportion of your results and they may not be representative of what is happening regularly and sometimes I struggle to understand the results you post, so just wondered if your team had also identified a problem with night time hypos or if it was just something you had mentioned to them/requested.
sorry didn't mean to cause any offence i asked about it othr people had sujested it as well in a facebook group. i think diddn't people have differnt adicve as some advice i got was to make sure my background was right then adjust my bolus. they gave me the other option of just having less with my evening meal at those days. so i might do that if still drop they dd say they leave it on my presrcition just in case i dont like it or dont get on with it.

Good news that you are getting less hypos since the change. What makes you want to go back to the Tresiba?

I chopped and changed between NovoRapid and Fiasp as my quick acting insulin on a 3 month basis and couldn't make up my mind and eventually decided that I needed to give the Fiasp a full year's trial which was a good move because between 4-5 months in, I started to get to grips with it..... Maybe I am a slow learner 🙄 but I am pleased I persisted.
I think the differences in insulins can be quite small and subtle and there are so many other things which also affect BG levels that it takes time to see patterns and work out strategies to cope with them, which is why I think it is important to commit to a longer period of trial than just a couple of weeks. It is of course entirely reasonable to tweak the doses and timing of them during that time to find the best fit.
no sorry i was unclear i meant the libre gargh is showing that i have alot less hypos then i actully do for example had ealiier today just a mild one but its didpeared off the gargh. i actull took a unit off my luch as well as i was below 5 when it was time despite snacking not that long beore lunch to try and keep it up

it mide of th day drop which i seem to get whatever i do which is whatever i do that is making me want to go back. it seems i'm back to the a least dailly drops with my current rangie on limermir

no sorry i was unclear i meant the libre gargh is showing that i have alot less hypos then i actully do for example had ealiier today just a mild one but its didpeared off the gargh. i actull took a unit off my luch as well as i was below 5 when it was time despite snacking not that long beore lunch to try and keep it up
Ah OK..... Just shows how easy it is to misunderstand... Did you check those hypos with a finger prick?.... The ones that then disappeared off the graph? If not, the chances are that they were not hypos but the Libre inaccurately predicted them and then realised it got it wrong and removes them from the graph, biut they still show on your daily log.

You will still be in the honeymoon phase so hypos are just as likely to be as a result of your own insulin production as the insulin you are injecting. That makes it all the more confusing and frustrating and is probably another reason not to make too many changes at this stage.

Ah OK..... Just shows how easy it is to misunderstand... Did you check those hypos with a finger prick?.... The ones that then disappeared off the graph? If not, the chances are that they were not hypos but the Libre inaccurately predicted them and then realised it got it wrong and removes them from the graph, biut they still show on your daily log.

You will still be in the honeymoon phase so hypos are just as likely to be as a result of your own insulin production as the insulin you are injecting. That makes it all the more confusing and frustrating and is probably another reason not to make too many changes at this stage.
yes i do check them funlly enough fianlly enough i seem to have a false one then b lieing on my sesnot i think then not long after i had a real one.

evening though i droped in night with trisbia i think i found it easier to deal with and make chaces once i notticed it was parten for example i went to a conset a week ago and still manged a fllat though the night with trisba

so tats why i think i should have just stuck with it

If you are using Libre 2, the disappearing hypos (and highs) are due to the predictive algorithm used.
Interstitial fluid readings used by CGMs are about 15 minutes behind blood sugar readings taken with a finger prick.
Libre 2 attempts to manage this delay by predicting the current reading by extrapolating the trend. This works well if the graph continues to trend in the same direction. However, if your levels have reached the peak of a spike or the bottom of a low, the prediction will be wrong. Libre will correct itself when it spots the change of direction of the trend. Hence your “mild hypo” disappeared because it was a predicted hypo which was never reached.

If you are using Libre 2, the disappearing hypos (and highs) are due to the predictive algorithm used.
Interstitial fluid readings used by CGMs are about 15 minutes behind blood sugar readings taken with a finger prick.
Libre 2 attempts to manage this delay by predicting the current reading by extrapolating the trend. This works well if the graph continues to trend in the same direction. However, if your levels have reached the peak of a spike or the bottom of a low, the prediction will be wrong. Libre will correct itself when it spots the change of direction of the trend. Hence your “mild hypo” disappeared because it was a predicted hypo which was never reached.
they have disaprred even f ive comfimed tem with finger picked the mild hypo was actully a hypo

Probably because the Libre is not always accurate.
no this time it was acutre the 3.7 scan matched the finger pick of 3.7 but the garpgh still no longr shows when its teling me its high its of thought i was going have to correct with dinner finger pick said 9.1 which isn't high enough for a correction dose

no this time it was acutre the 3.7 scan matched the finger pick of 3.7 but the garpgh still no longr shows when its teling me its high its of thought i was going have to correct with dinner finger pick said 9.1 which isn't high enough for a correction dose
it sounds to me as if the 3.7 was a prediction from the Libre.
Remember both Libre and finger pricks can be 15% out.
This is all academic. You did the right thing by checking with a finger prick and treating.

n
Probably because the Libre iit sounds to me as if the 3.7 was a prediction from the Libre.
Remember both Libre and finger pricks can be 15% out.
This is all academic. You did the right thing by checking with a finger prick and treating.
no i tested it with a finger pick and that said 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back