Back to the Dr I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Holborn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Since being diagnosed as not diabetic, 15 March, after an OGTT, I have carried on testing my BS's, baseline, twice a week on Wed and Sat. For the past 6 readings my results have been averaging 7.6. Never had a reading above 7 before getting the all clear. HBA was always around 6.5. So now I don't know what's happening.

I've tested my Meter with the Control Solution, which was within limits and did a baseline BS on my partner, her reading was 5.2, so I know it's not an error with the Meter.

What a palava for you , when is your appointment

Waiting for DSN to ring back.

It will be very puzzling if you then have to have more tests, seen as you were told your not diabetic.:confused:its beginning to get as confusing as what happened to me i had to go for c peptide test to confirm i was indeed type 2.

It will be very puzzling if you then have to have more tests, seen as you were told your not diabetic.:confused:its beginning to get as confusing as what happened to me i had to go for c peptide test to confirm i was indeed type 2.

I carried on testing coz I got the strips. If I had thrown them away on the 15th I wouldn't have known and carried on living a 'normal' life.

I carried on testing coz I got the strips. If I had thrown them away on the 15th I wouldn't have known and carried on living a 'normal' life.

Good on you for sticking with it then, if you do go to the docs and they find out something then by you testing and not stopping at least it will be dealt with promptly

Spoken to the DSN.

My OGTT numbers were: Start 6.0; End 6.4. Well within normal limits.

Gave her my Meter readings, she said she was surprised but that Meters are not 100% accurate. Explained that I had tested my Meter and on my partner, also allowing for a 20% error I was still over 7. She has booked me in on the 29th for a Glucose fasting and a HbA1c. She also advised that my records had been updated to show I need an OGTT yearly but will discuss with Dr after my appointment to see it should be done in shorter time periods.

Spoken to the DSN.

My OGTT numbers were: Start 6.0; End 6.4. Well within normal limits.

Gave her my Meter readings, she said she was surprised but that Meters are not 100% accurate. Explained that I had tested my Meter and on my partner, also allowing for a 20% error I was still over 7. She has booked me in on the 29th for a Glucose fasting and a HbA1c. She also advised that my records had been updated to show I need an OGTT yearly but will discuss with Dr after my appointment to see it should be done in shorter time periods.

Bring on the 29th then good luck

Given blood this morning, now waiting on results.

BS readings still over 7 mmol/L

Hope everything works out for you and the highs were just a temporary blip...

Sounds a bit of a nightmare. Hope it all gets sorted.

What a cofuffle, good luck for Wednesday hopefeully you get some difinitive answers Holburn

Things are not to bad, but not great. Seems my Blood Sugars are on the rise. HbA1c has risen to 7.2. Dr not overly worried at the moment but wants me back in 3 months for another test. I'm to keep testing as before and to call him immediately if I get a reading over 10. No Metformin required as yet.
He said it was a good job I did keep testing after the all clear from the OGTT and caught the rise very early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back