Au Revior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your posts, good luck 🙂

Hi Alan,

Thanks for all the invaluable advice. Your book should be winging it's way to me and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Good luck and happy travels.

Donna 🙂

Just to add my thanks, hope to see your useful inputs whenever you have a minute . Good luck

All the best Alan

Hi Alan,

I dont think we got off to the best start (not through any fault of our own - he he) - but just wanted to wish you well and ask you how your Father-in-Laws 100th Birthday celebration went - did he have some whisky.🙂Bev

Thanks all.

I just dropped in to tidy up loose ends and was very pleasantly surprised to see the resposes here.

I will be back, but at this stage it looks like it will be some time after I get back from my travels in June.

Thanks again. Appreciation is always appreciated 🙂

Alan, thank you for all your input, I am sure you have helped a great number of people. Take good care of yourself - I hope your book is a great success and that you can find the time to pop in every now and then to give us a little update 🙂

Hi Alan,

I dont think we got off to the best start (not through any fault of our own - he he) - but just wanted to wish you well and ask you how your Father-in-Laws 100th Birthday celebration went - did he have some whisky.🙂Bev
Thanks Bev, I understand your protectiveness when I first arrived. I've been there on the other side of the coin too 🙂

The 100th was bittersweet. he had a marvellous day, with a party in the morning from the Hostel staff and another with the rellies in the afternoon. He had the appropriate epistles from the Queen and the various Governors, Prime Minister and politicians and had a marvellous time.

But it appeared that he was waiting for the event, because we had barely got off the plane up here before we had to fly back down to Melbourne to say goodbye. He passed away in his sleep 25 days after his party.

I gave him a single malt and my in-laws gave him Chivas Regal. We polished them off at the wake.

Thanks for asking.

Ciao

I'm another who will miss your helpful posts Alan but bon voyage and all the best for the future - your blog is on my favourites so I will keep looking at that.

Take care

Karen xx

Thanks Bev, I understand your protectiveness when I first arrived. I've been there on the other side of the coin too 🙂

The 100th was bittersweet. he had a marvellous day, with a party in the morning from the Hostel staff and another with the rellies in the afternoon. He had the appropriate epistles from the Queen and the various Governors, Prime Minister and politicians and had a marvellous time.

But it appeared that he was waiting for the event, because we had barely got off the plane up here before we had to fly back down to Melbourne to say goodbye. He passed away in his sleep 25 days after his party.

I gave him a single malt and my in-laws gave him Chivas Regal. We polished them off at the wake.

Thanks for asking.

Ciao

Hi Alan,

You may not see this now - but just wanted to say - what a lovely 'send off' and it was so nice to hear that you all spent such a memorable day with him before he sadly passed away.🙂Bev

I am still learning the changed layout; I hope this appears.

Patti let me know about some changes and I decided to drop in again. I was amazed to find this old post and even more surprised to find it has been ten years.

G'day again. Some of the old-timers will know me. I will try to make the time to drop in more often now that I am back.

I'm too new to know you or you me, but certainly know of you and delighted so see you back on the forum.
Welcome back!

Ah great to see you Alan!

Time flies eh?!

Hope you’ve been keeping well over the years. You’ll find a few of the old DSF crew here under various usernames.

I am still learning the changed layout; I hope this appears.

Patti let me know about some changes and I decided to drop in again. I was amazed to find this old post and even more surprised to find it has been ten years.

G'day again. Some of the old-timers will know me. I will try to make the time to drop in more often now that I am back.
Lovely to see you again Alan and welcome back. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Hi Alan, lovely to see you again. As I said, DSF has now gone, but quite a few of us here. I expect the wretched pandemic has curbed your travels. I bet you are missing them a lot. I think of you often when we are planning ours.

Thanks all for the welcoming words; nice to see some old friends and I'm sure I'll make some new ones. I will tend to spend most of my time greeting newly diagnosed folks.

Hello. 🙂 Nice to meet you and put a face to the name. I only pop by myself every so often now. Online can get a bit overwhelming, but you do meet such nice peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back