Atorvastatin when to take and any problems

I was really ill taking Metformin and Atorvastatin - to the point of being suicidal with the aches and pains and the awful incontinence.
It took 18 months for the last ache to go, longer for my memory to recover. I was told it might shorten my life, and responded that it wasn't living that I'd experienced when taking the tablets.
There is no record of my problems, no report could be made (I was told) of how I was affected as I was taking two different medications.
I think that is why such things are considered 'safe and effective' - if problems are just ignored, they would be.

I was on Atorvastatin and did not do well on it similar problems to you and changed to Rosuvastatin and have had no problems since then.

I have been on statins since diagnosis with no side effects. I was advised to take in the evening if possible, but most importantly to take it consistently and at the same time each day. Tried evenings but regularly forgot, so moved it to mornings along with all other meds.

Atorvastatin and rosuvastatin (generally the two leading statins) both have pretty long half lives so it doesn't really matter what time of day you take them, but as they say, consistent timing makes sense (but it's not a big deal if you occasionally forget or take at different times).

Back