Arrgghhh Test Strips

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats alot of test strips, I test about 8 times a day due to DAFNE and they still only give me 100 a time.........

Gives the misses something to do though..........lol :D

thats alot of test strips, I test about 8 times a day due to DAFNE and they still only give me 100 a time.........

Gives the misses something to do though..........lol :D

Are you on any other meds? My doctor agreed to get my needles and strips in line with the meds so I didn't have to keep making visits. Originally, I had 200 strips, but I explained that, whilst I do 4 injections a day, I do an average of 6 tests, so needed 50% more strips than needles. Once I had itemised the reasons why I tested, she agreed. Do you only get 100 needles too? It's a bit unnecessary ince you're not likely to get cured any time soon, and going so frequently is inefficient for everyone concerned - doctor, pharmacist and your missus! 🙂

I have got a big stockpile of needles as you are meant to change them every injection, but I never used to and dont really do it now either......

The only other meds I am on is Lisinopril BP tablet, 2 months worth I get of them......

The DAFNE educator nurses had written an A4 official looking script which explained all the details of why I need to test which I gave them, but still just 100.......

Its not so bad though........as the other half is a kept woman she has time to visit these places and picks up the truck load of pills for her elderly grandmmother........

Also, my surgery allows you to email them, name, dob, what you need and it gets sent to the pharmacy closest to you..........how cool is that....

Anyone else got that service???????????

As far as I know I am allowed as many test Strips as I need, I had problems when daughter was first diagnosed as she was on the same meter as me, and until I persuaded the surgery how many test strips she needed she was constantly eating in to my supply.

My problem is trying to persuade the surgery how many she needs. They are giving me two boxes at a time (100 strips), but this was a fight, and they don't always last a month if she messes up a few tests or has any eating problems (upset stomach or her favorite tonsillitis) and she has to test a LOT more often, I feel like I am up the doctors on a weekly basis getting stuff for her.
As for her the problems we are experiencing getting lancets and strips for her meter....that nightmare is for a different thread.

Also, my surgery allows you to email them, name, dob, what you need and it gets sent to the pharmacy closest to you..........how cool is that....

Anyone else got that service???????????

Our surgery has just introduced it due to the phone being constantly engaged and everyone ringing their emergency line to get scripts. They also take them across the road daily to the chemist, so it's email one day and collect one or two days later.
But still only 50 strips and 100 needles at a time. DN was a bit put out that we were getting through 50 strips a week but no-one has challenged it outright yet.

Rob

Thanks for all your messages folks I see its not just me that forgets 🙂
BTW i got an update... I spoke to the receptionist on Monday and got a good bit of information, they have an arrangement with one of the pharmacys in town that if anyone runs out of an item on a weekend, as long as you take a repeat slip in they will sort your prescription out and my surgery will fax a signed prescription on the Monday. Its a word of mouth arrangement but what a easy idea.

Northerner - How come you get Multivitamins on prescription??? Not that C even takes the ones I buy!!😛

Novorapidboi26 - Yes, I email my surgery too. I have one permanently in drafts with all the stuff she needs. When I email, I copy the draft and delete what I don't need at that time. I had a bit of trouble at the beginning, as they didn't send the prescription to the Pharmacy as requested. But that's sorted now. And I think one of the ladies there can't read!!!! I would have thought there wouldn't be any mistakes if they can read it on black and white.🙄

Thanks for all your messages folks I see its not just me that forgets 🙂
BTW i got an update... I spoke to the receptionist on Monday and got a good bit of information, they have an arrangement with one of the pharmacys in town that if anyone runs out of an item on a weekend, as long as you take a repeat slip in they will sort your prescription out and my surgery will fax a signed prescription on the Monday. Its a word of mouth arrangement but what a easy idea.

Wow, nice idea!!🙂

Northerner - How come you get Multivitamins on prescription??? Not that C even takes the ones I buy!!😛

I was in quite a state after diagnosis so was put on multivits and Vitamin B. They stopped the Vit B after a few months, but don't seem to have noticed the multivits so I'm keeping quiet about them! I couldn't afford to buy them and I do think they give me a bit of confidence that I'm not lacking anything that might not be there in my diet.

... but don't seem to have noticed the multivits so I'm keeping quiet about them! I couldn't afford to buy them and I do think they give me a bit of confidence that I'm not lacking anything that might not be there in my diet.

I wouldn't mention it either, 😉🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back