Are there any issues using xDrip+ rather than LIbrelink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sensors do definitely continue to work for another 6h rather than repeating data. In old days of Libre1 they did used to do odd things - some would continue to work for a long time, some for less time, and I do recall in the dim and distant past seeing repeated data but that was with a libre1 for sure.
I found they continued for 8 hours. Then they started repeating the last 8 hours.

I've not seen one repeat recently, and actually it's probably 12h rather than 6h that it continues for, an extra half a day was what I seem to have in my head, even if I failed to convert that into hours!

Perhaps the repetition is a side effect of not reading something in a sensor status message (which I assume is there)? On the one or two occasions I've gone right up to what I think would have been 14.5 days, I thought XDrip+ had told me that the sensor was finished and didn't start repeating. I'll have to check again and pay attention. I will report back 🙂

Bruce, When initialising sensor with reader when should you scan with Juggluco? Is it after the warm up period or straight after initial scan with reader? I can't find any detail on the exact process in user guide apart from this "If you have installed Abbott's Libre/Librelink app, you can just install Juggluco from Here, scan two times and after some time a Bluetooth connection will be established and a new glucose value will arrive every minute. Before the Bluetooth values arrive, the values received by scanning will be shown."
I will be using reader initial scan and Librelink will be uninstalled to avoid any issues.
It also appears to read that Juggluco can independantly start the sensor "Juggluco always got a connection soon after starting the sensor (mostly I started the sensor with Juggluco, so Librelink doesn't even try to connect with the sensor.)" Have u tried it this way?

Couple more queries if I may.... have u had any issues with signal loss due to software upgrades i.e android 13?
Have u the latest version of Juggluco? Have u registered (via email) for Juggluco updates and if so are they regular?

Couple more queries if I may.... have u had any issues with signal loss due to software upgrades i.e android 13?
I didn't, no. As you noticed there are some options which presumably helped people with some phones, but I didn't notice any problem.

I am using the latest version, though I haven't asked for emails. I presume the emails would be after each release, so about once a week or so by the looks of it. I don't update that often. I've had some contact with the author, https://github.com/j-kaltes/Juggluco/issues/63

It works fine. Just the same as the original reader. The only difference is the new reader only supports Libre 2 sensors, is a different colour (dark blue), supports alarms (until they get stolen by an unsupported phone app), and needs charging much more often (even if you explicitly turn off the alarms).
Just to follow up on this. The new sensor (and mk2 reader) arrived yesterday so I applied it and started it with the new reader. Foolishly I did this after supper, i.e. quite late in the day. XDrip+ was then not very interested at all. XDrip+ could see the sensor, and I think it had a Bluetooth connection, but there was a problem in that OOP2 wasn't responding. There was no change in the setup between changing sensors, so I assume it must be to do with the sensor.

I spent about 3h trying different things, with the support of one of the devs on the OOP2 gitter channel too. I tried the following: uninstall & reinstall OOP2, restarting phone and apps lots of times, downgrading and upgrading XDrip+, restarting the sensor (in XDrip+), using miaomiao instead of sensor Bluetooth.

From the log messages is looked like data was being read from the sensor and being passed to OOP2, but that it was either not getting there or not getting a response (which made XDrip+ think OOP2 wasn't present.) The latter is my supposition as it had been working 5 min before with the previous sensor. I expected MM2 to work, but I think it probably also uses OOP2 to transform the data (certainly it also complained about it being "missing").

So, at about 1 in the morning, being quite tired, I installed Juggluco, set it to share data as Libre (Patched), set XDrip+ to use Libre (Patched) as its data source, and finally went to bed with a working system (to be woken up some hours later by a very shrill alarm coming from Juggluco telling me I was low, which I wasn't of course).

tl;dr - YMMV starting sensors for use with XDrip+/OOP2 with the new reader, please let me know if it does work for you. If it doesn't, the setup with Juggluco supplying data works fine, and you get more detail on the screen with the once per minute streaming (XDrip+ by default only uses/displays the 5min data)

P.S. It's not a bad thing, I was thinking that using e.g. Juggluco as the CGM provider would be a good thing as I'd like to put together an integrated app to handle food/meal tracking, have a plugin based calibration system to allow people to try different calibration approaches, and also a plugin based prediction system to again let people try different forward prediction approaches (e.g. using GI if you want, etc., etc.) I know it's yet another app, but the XDrip+ code is very complex as it's been added to over the years.

Hi Simon I have been using Juggluco for a few days now, started the sensor 14 days ago with Librelink app on the "new" but lesser phone Samsung A52. I have now scanned twice with Juggluco on my old phone Samsung A53 on Tuesday and it has worked well since. Some issues with BT if I get too near my router or too far away from phone but it has happily resumed connection. I have removed Librelink from my phone to stop interference and Juggluco has happily forwarding data to libreview although it appears the Food and Insulin values have not transferred over. I'm not sure if there is a setting to enable that but if not I don't see it as a dealbreaker.
I am due to change sensor in about 2 hrs so I will start with libre 2 reader and then scan with Juggluco, hopefully that will work. I'll let u know on progress.
I will be doing some bloods to compare accuracy probably tomorrow.

Juggluco seems to work fine, and is delivering data to XDrip+ just fine.

It will be interesting to see if I am able to link directly to XDrip+ when I start my next sensor/other people find they have the same problem going forward.

fwiw I quite like seeing the 1 min data so am quite content keeping the setup as it is. I'm not overly fond of the Juggluco UI, but I don't need to look at it unless it fails to read for some reason/I leave the phone in another room and want to get the backlog, so will keep using it with XDrip+ (mainly for the calibrations and predictive curve, even if both have limitations) until I write myself something that suits my purposes better.

Re calibrations, I've had a ~1mmol/l offset between the XDrip+ calibrated data and the "raw" data from Juggluco from the get go, ymmv

I'm not overly fond of the Juggluco UI, but I don't need to look at it unless it fails to read for some reason/I leave the phone in another room and want to get the backlog,
If you want the extra complication, Juggluco can act as a local xDrip+ server so you can have both (with Juggluco providing readings to xDrip+). I did that for a bit (because xDrip+ has more Wear OS features) but that ends up with two different applications showing BG which I found a bit annoying, but maybe it's possible to stop Juggluco from displaying its values and maybe it would work out OK.

That is exactly what I am doing (though by setting Juggluco to act as a patched librelink device, from which XDrip+ can read data). I think the option to act as an XDrip+ server is there so you can get rid of XDrip+ completely and still use things like the Garmin datafields, nightscout, etc. which require the XDrip+ format web interface to be available.

It looks like you can also tell Juggluco to turn off the value it displays, however, it's vaguely interesting to keep an eye on both to see how much calibration is required 🙂

Well I've been using Juggluco for a few weeks now and I am quite impressed. Had an accident with a sensor so started the latest one with Juggluco alone, this has mostly removed any issues I had before i.e. whenever I got near to reader it would interfere with connection. I still lose connection but only due to distance or if I get to close to my router, but it has not yet failed to "re-attach" within a few minutes.
I have tried some comparison bloods and they have matched pretty consistently so far.
Only issue is the Amounts values/data are not being passed to Libreview with logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back