Apps that turn your Libre into a cgm on Android phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HalfpipMarathon i am not sure you can what you want it available.
Abbott are protecting their future Libre 3 profit so do not approve any alternative apps that convert earlier versions of Libre into a CGM with no need to scan (apart from to start the sensor).
As have been described above, there are unofficial apps which are available to download such as Diabox, xDrip+, Glimp and Juggluco. These are written by techies to help themselves or their families and, out of the goodness of their heart (not for money), they have been shared as free apps. However, they do not come with installation guides or complete set up guides - a knowledge of how phones work is needed.
These all work on Android but not approved by Google so not in the Play Store which means you have to find the executable file using Google from your internet Browser.
I have used Glimp and xDrip+ and found both much better than LibreLink as they provide calibration, use Bluetooth to collect data from the sensors and xDrip+ allows you to put a widget on your Lock Screen showing your current BG.

Whilst there is no financial cost, the cost is having to learn how to use advanced features on your phone and follow instructions.

@HalfpipMarathon i am not sure you can what you want it available.
Abbott are protecting their future Libre 3 profit so do not approve any alternative apps that convert earlier versions of Libre into a CGM with no need to scan (apart from to start the sensor).
As have been described above, there are unofficial apps which are available to download such as Diabox, xDrip+, Glimp and Juggluco. These are written by techies to help themselves or their families and, out of the goodness of their heart (not for money), they have been shared as free apps. However, they do not come with installation guides or complete set up guides - a knowledge of how phones work is needed.
These all work on Android but not approved by Google so not in the Play Store which means you have to find the executable file using Google from your internet Browser.
I have used Glimp and xDrip+ and found both much better than LibreLink as they provide calibration, use Bluetooth to collect data from the sensors and xDrip+ allows you to put a widget on your Lock Screen showing your current BG.

Whilst there is no financial cost, the cost is having to learn how to use advanced features on your phone and follow instructions.
Thank you. The way I feel atm however is that once this sensor has finished I am seriously considering not bothering with another one.

Abbott are protecting their future Libre 3 profit so do not approve any alternative apps that convert earlier versions of Libre into a CGM with no need to scan
If they were to want to approve them I think it would cost time and money, because I think they'd need to go through the normal FDA process for such things (and similarly for other regions).

I have been using Diabox app for approx 7 months and have found it very useful in converting Libre 2 into a CGM. As has been said earlier it is not available on Google. I joined the FB Diabox site and found installation info there. I have it installed on my Samsung S22 ultra which connects to my Samsung Smartwatch 4 Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back