Appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 60g per carbs seems a bit extreme as the suggestion is no more than130g though I know people do need to go lower but they generally determine that by testing what meals suit them.
Well done on your success.
Well she was right about that, i often eat less than that. I don’t eat any bread, pasta, rice, wraps etc. All my carbs are from low carb fruit and veg, salad, nuts and seeds. Have found some low carb bread, wraps, tortilla chips and some other treats. TBH I never ate much bread or pizza anyway. I did eat rice and pasta but not excessively. And I ate sweet treats, but again not excessively. So adapting my diet has not been too difficult. There’s no way I could eat 130g without taking large amounts of insulin, which I want to avoid. And i was feeling pretty unwell when my blood sugar was rising around 10 before I was given bolus so try to keep a baseline of around 5-6 obviously rising when I eat. And yes I did a food diary, when I was on basal only, eating 20 carbs a meal, rice/pasta/bread and my sugars were rising 5mmol and making me feel unwell, hence being given the bolus. She only wants me to take 2 units after lunch and dinner, but I apparently have to take 3 units to cover 18 carbs so that’s what I do

Last edited:
Well she was right about that, i often eat less than that. I don’t eat any bread, pasta, rice, wraps etc. All my carbs are from low carb fruit and veg, salad, nuts and seeds. Have found some low carb bread, wraps, tortilla chips and some other treats. TBH I never ate much bread or pizza anyway. I did eat rice and pasta but not excessively. And I ate sweet treats, but again not excessively. So adapting my diet has not been too difficult. There’s no way I could eat 130g without taking large amounts of insulin, which I want to avoid. And i was feeling pretty unwell when my blood sugar was rising around 10 before I was given bolus so try to keep a baseline of around 5-6 obviously rising when I eat. And yes I did a food diary, when I was on basal only, eating 20 carbs a meal, rice/pasta/bread and my sugars were rising 5mmol and making me feel unwell, hence being given the bolus. She only wants me to take 2 units after lunch and dinner, but I apparently have to take 3 units to cover 18 carbs so that’s what I do
Rather a different situation if people are taking insulin so it need to be taken in context.

Depends where you live. My local authority is now called Mersey and west lancashire teaching hospitals nhs trust. I can't complain about any of my appointmens. I really have lots of appointments and investigations done, plus going through Cancer twice. You just have to wait think its what they call postcode lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back