Appointment today, and some basal options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad that things are settling for you @Lucyr and that you seem to have a DSN who listens and provides the support you need whilst listening to your ideas. Clone that one.
Thanks, it really means a lot. I live exactly on the border of two towns and used to go to the one I live in, and hated it. GP wouldn’t let me change, until I saw a different GP who encouraged me to write a complaint about the hospital and to switch to the other one.

The hospital I’m at now has a great reputation, and haven’t had any problems with any of the staff attitudes here. My normal DSN was actually busy this time so she introduced someone else at the start of the appointment and they covered. I’d normally struggle having an appointment with someone I don’t know but it was fine as they’d explained why and found the new person understanding and helpful as always.

Good! just for personal interest but because of DSF's involvement with BDEC, were you attending P and now B or the other way about? - or indeed, entirely different?

Good! just for personal interest but because of DSF's involvement with BDEC, were you attending P and now B or the other way about? - or indeed, entirely different?
Your assumptions on the reputations are the correct way round. I live in P, but the house next door is in B so I really am on the border.

One funny thing though, you lot here are always singing the praises of the online dose adjustment course Bertie…. I’ve never heard it mentioned in an appointment or seen a poster advertising it in the clinic etc :rofl: really weird.

There's never been an advert for our local version of it either in clinic Lucy. There again, perhaps they still do what they did on Day 1 and convey the info that it exists and establishes whether the person feels they'd be able to spend that amount of time, by word of mouth? Or for all I know, nobody does a course for 4/5 whole days any more, cos it's a hell of a commitment for the staff let alone patients? even though it's well worth the investment of that time for patients.

Yeah I just thought it would be promoted at least a bit at my clinic given they created it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back