App Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was clearly a screenshot from my phone though?
Not clear at all - I'm sure it is possible to do a screenshot from a computer.

Not clear at all - I'm sure it is possible to do a screenshot from a computer.
A computer screenshot wouldn’t have the phone menu at the bottom

A computer screenshot wouldn’t have the phone menu at the bottom
That may be clear to you, but as someone who has never had a smartphone it meant nothing to me.

Perhaps that is only shown on a phone, rather than a computer?

Yes it’s a way of adding a shortcut to get to the forum from the home screen of a smartphone (you can see the entry at the bottom of the mobile menu in the screengrab Lucy posted). 🙂

I have no idea why they described it as ‘installing an app’, when it isn’t anything to do with standalone smartphone apps. It’s just a browser shortcut for the phone’s web browser 🙄

1711360587887.jpeg

Yes it’s a way of adding a shortcut to get to the forum from the home screen of a smartphone (you can see the entry at the bottom of the mobile menu in the screengrab Lucy posted). 🙂

I have no idea why they described it as ‘installing an app’, when it isn’t anything to do with standalone smartphone apps. It’s just a browser shortcut for the phone’s web browser 🙄

View attachment 29714
After perusing this topic. My phone browser does not have the “option” below learning zone on the dropdown. 😛

After perusing this topic. My phone browser does not have the “option” below learning zone on the dropdown. 😛

Haha!

Your Smartphone May Vary :D

I does show on iOS as well as Android. No idea why yours isn’t showing it o_O

1711371527683.jpeg

I use the same browser on my phone as on my tablet and laptop, I don't get either.

I does show on iOS as well as Android. No idea why yours isn’t showing it
I hadn't noticed it before but I do see it. And it installs and works (looks identical to the web site, so I presume it's just a web view app, which is fine). After installing it, it disappears from the menu (so I'm no longer invited to install it, as you'd hope).

I hadn't noticed it before but I do see it. And it installs and works (looks identical to the web site, so I presume it's just a web view app, which is fine). After installing it, it disappears from the menu (so I'm no longer invited to install it, as you'd hope).
Are you suggesting the option disappears once the “app” is installed? I’ve never installed this app. I just use the browser.

As far as I am aware it is only adding a browser shortcut (with icon) to the phone’s home screen. The forum is viewed via the standard browser I think. It just makes it easier to find as you don’t have to type the address or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back