App Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1962

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I saw this on the website feed today and thought brilliant I will contribute to this. Then I saw-

1. It’s in London
2. There is no option to dial in on Teams/Zoom

What an opportunity missed to canvas the whole of the UK on this rather than it being London/South East Centric again !

How short sighted and exclusive this app development will be from a National Organisation. I for one can’t afford the £100 to go to London for 2-3 hrs so unfortunately will not be contributing to a potentially crucial app develolment

Yeah I thought my post was self explanatory tbh. When I opened the Diabetes UK app this morning there was a request for help developing a diabetes app. But it was in person only and on London -no hybrid option to contribute -it’s gone now so it’s not really important any more

When I opened the Diabetes UK app this morning
To be honest this forum is a bit misleading in this whole app business. It tells you in the menu on the left to install the app. But there is no app to install at the moment, it’s just a shortcut to the website.

Yeah I thought my post was self explanatory tbh. When I opened the Diabetes UK app this morning there was a request for help developing a diabetes app. But it was in person only and on London -no hybrid option to contribute -it’s gone now so it’s not really important any more
No it was as clear as mud to me, as I do not go on the main main website, I come straight to the support forum.

No it was as clear as mud to me, as I do not go on the main main website, I come straight to the support forum.
Me too. 🙂

Also, there's an app? I use a web browser on a PC. 🙂

There is no app for this site as far as am aware, and I have been long time.

There is no app for this site as far as am aware, and I have been long time.
There isn’t but Diabetes UK tries to advertise saving a web link as “installing an app”, see bottom left of photo, which is annoying as it’s misleading.
IMG_1948.jpeg

It is not to me as I have already said I come straight to the forum. I have been a member here before the Charity had more input in the forum.

see bottom left of photo, which is annoying as it’s misleading.

Yes I found that confusing too Lucy, but it seems to be the way the forum software describes it. :(

I think this is the project @Chris1962 is talking about

1711293702066.jpeg

It is not to me as I have already said I come straight to the forum. I have been a member here before the Charity had more input in the forum.
The screenshot I showed is from the forum

There were some replies on an earlier thread about website improvement / development and information architecture which may offer some clues as to why the event needs to be face to face, and easiest to base it in London - though I completely understand people’s frustration about not being able to contribute.

I wonder if it might be possible to tweak the default label to read something like

“Add forum shortcut”

rather than

“Install the app”

Would that make sense to people? Or would it be even more confusing?!

My concern is partly that the label could be very confusing if there is a DUK app that launches in the future… and that label doesn’t connect to it!

I don't get what your screenshot shows. The drop-down menu stops at "mark forums read". "What's new" to "learning zone" appear at the top of the screen. "Install the app" is not there at all. Perhaps that is only shown on a phone, rather than a computer?

I don't get what your screenshot shows. The drop-down menu stops at "mark forums read". "What's new" to "learning zone" appear at the top of the screen. "Install the app" is not there at all. Perhaps that is only shown on a phone, rather than a computer?
Sorry I don’t understand what is confusing you about my screenshot. In the picture, bottom on the left it says install the app. I posted a picture to show you what people on a phone see so you would understand my point.

Attachments

• IMG_1948.jpeg
    IMG_1948.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 4
Sorry I don’t understand what is confusing you about my screenshot. In the picture, bottom on the left it says install the app. I posted a picture to show you what people on a phone see so you would understand my point.
Except you did not say on a phone, just it was from the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back