Anyone solved the libre alarm problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole alarm marlarky has made alot of people think its good to have a dedicated reader
Agreed. I haven't had to deal with the issues with alarms others are having with the Libre 2 app.

I tried the Libre 2 app and decided I preferred activating with the reader, then scanning with both the reader and the app. That worked for me and made it easy for my endo to download my data without me having to hand over my phone.

The Libre 3 sensors use either the app or the reader. It's not like the Libre 2 sensors that can be activated with the reader and scanned with either. I tried the Libre 3 app for one sensor and the alarms were terrible and the sounds (including volume and vibration) couldn't be changed. They were so bad that I turned off the alarms completely (other review said the same, so I don't think I'm just missing something). I much prefer the Libre 3 reader to the app. Luckily they send readers to every new user with their first batch of sensors here in Germany.

I tried the Libre 3 app for one sensor and the alarms were terrible and the sounds (including volume and vibration) couldn't be changed.
Which is terrible design. That's why I preferred using the reader with Libre 2. Though now I've started using Juggluco I find that's fine: much more configurable alarms sounds (so I have it just vibrate, and mostly wear a smartwatch which also vibrates).

Which is terrible design. That's why I preferred using the reader with Libre 2. Though now I've started using Juggluco I find that's fine: much more configurable alarms sounds (so I have it just vibrate, and mostly wear a smartwatch which also vibrates).
Yes, i like that you can change the alert sounds in dexcom.
I especially like the fact the alarms repeat...so say you get a low at night, and take some glucose, but then fall back to sleep, dexcom will wake you again in 15 min if still low. Libre only sounds once, and only has one low alarm, so if you fall asleep and keep going low you won't get further alarm

i have no alarms on my Samsung phone. Abbott are telling me the problem is with the O.S 13 version of software. Anyone able to advise how to load an older version of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back