anyone interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
Last week there were very few 'takers' for the 'big night in'. I am wondering whether its only a few of us interested in doing this experiment? I dont want to bore people with my attempts at food experiments - so I was wondering whether we should carry on with them? Is anyone actually interested in doing them anymore?🙂Bev

Bev im ALWAYS interested hun i aint missed one yet , i thought it was good to have new people onboard glodee had a go , you aint boring me hun with it so please carry on x

Hi all,
Last week there were very few 'takers' for the 'big night in'. I am wondering whether its only a few of us interested in doing this experiment? I dont want to bore people with my attempts at food experiments - so I was wondering whether we should carry on with them? Is anyone actually interested in doing them anymore?🙂Bev

I wanted to do it bev, but I didnt see point last week as my bloods were all over the shop that day!!
I would prob do it this week though as I have never done one yet, so will be interesting to see how good I am at judging my insulin doses for what im eating... :D

Yes Bev, I've found them very useful as normally I wouldn't test anywhere near as much as I do on the experiment nights, so have discovered some useful stuff 🙂

How about making it say once a month, the 1st weekend in every month

It is maybe asking alot of people to participate weekly?

Just a thought Bev

Just a thought Bev

Not really alot one night out of the week aint to much,i think stick to the way it is going the regulars who partake find it ok.

Last edited:

Just a thought Bev

Hi Hazel, yes - its possible that people find it too much to participate weekly. Perhaps I should do a poll and ask whether people would prefer weekly,fortnightly or monthly etc? Thanks Hazel.🙂Bev

Hi Hazel, yes - its possible that people find it too much to participate weekly. Perhaps I should do a poll and ask whether people would prefer weekly,fortnightly or monthly etc? Thanks Hazel.🙂Bev

What about having it as a 'Meal of the Month' so that it's not one specific day, but people can add in to it when they are able to try the meal that month?

Well im out of it then if it changes.Why try and fix something that is not broke.

Plus if you do it once a month its easy to forget and people become complacent then you will get even less take part.

Last edited:
I know i have'nt participated very much in anything very much but i would like to say that i think that your food experiments are an important part of the forum and i for one would'nt like to see them change and i am looking foreward in taking part a soon as i have got my medication sorted only about 3 weeks to go now,the only reason i did'nt take part on wednesday is because i dont like chips,so please can we have something with out chips on the next one🙂.
Carole

What about having it as a 'Meal of the Month' so that it's not one specific day, but people can add in to it when they are able to try the meal that month?

This sounds like a good idea to me. I might even be persuaded to join in if it was like this. Once a month to do a thorough test for me would be quite interesting.

Andy

Well im out of it then if it changes.Why try and fix something that is not broke.

Plus if you do it once a month its easy to forget and people become complacent then you will get even less take part.

Why not run one weekly and one monthly? People can then join in as they wish.

Andy

Why not run one weekly and one monthly? People can then join in as they wish.

Andy

This is how i think the poll should be done, those that have taken part in all 9 meals should have 9 votes those who took part in 8 have 8 votes and so on and so on.
I just dont want the weekly format to change thats all Andy but if it does ill do it on my own lol.

but i do like your idea of a monthly and weekly

This is how i think the poll should be done, those that have taken part in all 9 meals should have 9 votes those who took part in 8 have 8 votes and so on and so on.
I just dont want the weekly format to change thats all Andy but if it does ill do it on my own lol.

but i do like your idea of a monthly and weekly

Right! That's no votes for me then!! 😛

Seriously, though, I think that you're overcomplicating it a bit. All it needs is for someone to run with the weekly and monthly ones. If people contribute, then great, if not, then so be it.

I'd be happy to 'moderate' the monthly one, if there is sufficient interest.

Andy 🙂

Right! That's no votes for me then!! 😛

Seriously, though, I think that you're overcomplicating it a bit. All it needs is for someone to run with the weekly and monthly ones. If people contribute, then great, if not, then so be it.

I'd be happy to 'moderate' the monthly one, if there is sufficient interest.

Andy 🙂

Where am i overcomplicating it ? one meal once a week and we check our BS hourly? i never suggested bringing in monthly etc etc.

I love the food experiments so please do continue!

In two minds on the weekly / monthly debate. I love it when everyone does it on the same night, quite exciting seeing the results come in 'live'. However, one day a week can be quite difficult, it does tend to sneak up on you so I can see why fewer people might do it, I've definately struggled on occasions, some weeks are just busier than others. I quite like the 'meal of the month' idea, gives eveyone a good oportunity to get involved. I suppose people who would like to do it more often could always do it a couple of times during the month. So for example if it had been fish and chip month you could have done one experiment cooking at home and one takeaway etc...?

I'm talking about your suggested voting mechanism.

Andy

Ah i see, i just thought the ones that had taken part every week or there abouts had more of a say in the matter thats all.

edit:how very selfish of me there.:(

Last edited:
Ah i see, i just thought the ones that had taken part every week or there abouts had more of a say in the matter thats all.

edit:how very selfish of me there.:(

🙂

I don't see why anything has to change with regard to the weekly one (but it isn't up to me to comment on that really 🙂 ).

The only question, for me, is whether a monthly one is going to be useful?

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back