Anyone else's freestyle libre app demand sign in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but if the cartridges are different dimensions then I don’t think this would be giving you the correct dose?
According to the first comment on the video it's not exactly the same but it's close:
This is very clever idea. I have thought for a long time, how to keep track on the usage of Lantus from Sanofi's pen and Novopen Echo I use for Novorapid is unique for its feature of showing the latest dose. I have utilised this practice for some time now, and I've noticed first that Lantus seemed to act stronger than I've used to. This is due to the fact that inside diameter of Novorapid vial is 8.6 millimeters and Lantus vial has 9.0 mm inside diameter and this makes same count of units dialled circa 1.095 times higher with Lantus used in Novopen Echo. With larger basal doses this might form a problem, but e.g. if need is 12 units of Lantus then dialling 11 units will make it equivalent to Sanofi pen. Thanks for inspiration.​
Also, I don’t have any novorapid tops as I’ve only ever used apidra.
That seems like an obvious problem, yes. On the other hand there are lots of us who do use Novo Nordisk insulins so it's not insurmountable. (I won't have a used Novorapid cartridge until next week (I finished one yesterday but today was rubbish collection day) but the Levemir one is nearly empty. I've never tried removing the cap, but if it just pulls off as the video shows then that's easy.)

I must admit the whole thing feels like it might be a bit too jury rigged than most of us would be comfortable with. If you really wanted the memory feature I guess it might be worthwhile putting up with. (On balance I think I wouldn't care enough: I've used it only once or twice since I got the pens a couple of months ago.)

I have read some people requesting a change to their insulin to be able to use the NovoEcho pen. NovoNordisk must be rubbing their hands with glee as they gain a bigger market share.

I have read some people requesting a change to their insulin to be able to use the NovoEcho pen. NovoNordisk must be rubbing their hands with glee as they gain a bigger market share.
I know i considred it for my basal. The novoecho is easier to use than my disposable abasaglar pen, which needs quite a strong thumb. I can imagine is one has hand issues it could be a problem. The echopen just feels better made, more reliable, and i feel more confident it gives full dose...i looked at switching to levemir i think but i have got used to ablasaglar and like to stivk with what works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back