Anyone else's freestyle libre app demand sign in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdm

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
After a year of using, it stopped scanning, then decides i need to sign in and agree to terms of usage again. Luckily, had my password handy. Just posting as it was a bit scarey (Especially as i think i bouble dosed on my basal last evening) but easy to sort out and my historic data still there - just in case it happens to anyone else.

I had that a week or so back. I now have the Libre app symbol constantly sitting at the top of my notifications on my phone, which is annoying.

Don't you have a reusable pen which show if when you last injected and how much? If not, ask for one plus a spare... or 2 plus a spare if you don't have one for your bolus insulin either. They are so useful for those "Did I/Didn't I "inject my insulin moments as well as being kinder to the environment and the refil cartridges take up less space in the fridge.

I use a reader so I don't need to log in with my phone so can't comment on that.

I now have the Libre app symbol constantly sitting at the top of my notifications on my phone, which is annoying.
Oh good, not just me. And the app last updated December 6 so it's not a new update. I wonder why they think this is a good idea?

Don't you have a reusable pen which show if when you last injected and how much? If not, ask for one plus a spare... or 2 plus a spare if you don't have one for your bolus insulin either. They are so useful for those "Did I/Didn't I "inject my insulin moments as well as being kinder to the environment and the refil cartridges take up less space in the fridge.

I use a reader so I don't need to log in with my phone so can't comment on
I have a echo pen for my rapid acting Its brill!) but not for my basal, as abasaglasar does not come in penfill refills (i did look in as thought i may need a half unit adjustment)...i got distracted and suspected i hadn't actually dialled a dose for my first injection and decided to inject again- doh!

Now I think about it, I wonder if it's a way to help the app to keep in memory/active or something, to help with the alarms?
Hope so, so many people having problems with that

I use a reader so I don't need to log in with my phone so can't comment on that.
These don’t exist for all insulins eg you can’t get a memory function for apidra or lantus

These don’t exist for all insulins eg you can’t get a memory function for apidra or lantus

That is really surprising when it is such a useful/safety function and when the technology is clearly readily available.

Reactions: Tdm
I wonder whether Abbott have "tweaked" their terms and conditions.

That is really surprising when it is such a useful/safety function and when the technology is clearly readily available.
Like Libre, things are slowly changing. The memory function is useful but many of us survived for decades with our own memory and, before that, there were reusable syringes that had to be sterilised every day.

Like Libre, things are slowly changing. The memory function is useful but many of us survived for decades with our own memory and, before that, there were reusable syringes that had to be sterilised every day.
Yes, things so much better nowadays!

Not the app but Libre Veiw, but has done this from time time, the years I have been using it.

If you can find an insulin pen compatible with apidra that has this function I will gladly buy it but Sanofi insulin pens haven’t changed in many years.

If you can find an insulin pen compatible with apidra that has this function I will gladly buy it but Sanofi insulin pens haven’t changed in many years.
Depends if you can trust your DIY skills. A simple mod and away you go.
All mods are at your own risk.

Depends if you can trust your DIY skills. A simple mod and away you go.
All mods are at your own risk.
Thanks, but if the cartridges are different dimensions then I don’t think this would be giving you the correct dose? Also, I don’t have any novorapid tops as I’ve only ever used apidra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back