Any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
then I will try one of the chinese teas. No idea about those though.
Jasmine tea's nice, quite a delicate, refreshing flavour.

For some years I have not been able to drink ordinary black tea. I switched to fruit teas, found mint and liquorice, and have used them ever since. They can be drunk cold in summer and warm in winter, so solving several problems at once.

I like Redbush tea. No caffeine and nice without milk.

I have discoved that I really like sparking mineral water. I wonder if I should get one of those things that lets you make it. Mind you they are very expensive compared with a bottle of SMW. We did use to have one years ago but it terrified me. I always felt that it might explode!

Just in case you are wondering, I don't mean supermarket lemonade, which I am not fond of.

You mean a soda stream - we had one for a while, was OK to start with but eventually got boring and a bit of a faff finding a shop which supplied the gas cylinders, not to mention having to lug the old one to the shop to exchange it when doing your shopping. We eventually binned it when one of the seals failed, and of course it wasn’t the one which Soda Stream supply as a spare!
I wonder why they will supply spare seals for the drink bottle end but not for the gas canister bit? We’d put a new cylinder in and it would immediately eject all its contents into the air!

You mean a soda stream - we had one for a while, was OK to start with but eventually got boring and a bit of a faff finding a shop which supplied the gas cylinders, not to mention having to lug the old one to the shop to exchange it when doing your shopping. We eventually binned it when one of the seals failed, and of course it wasn’t the one which Soda Stream supply as a spare!
I wonder why they will supply spare seals for the drink bottle end but not for the gas canister bit? We’d put a new cylinder in and it would immediately eject all its contents into the air!
I looked at them and there seemed a very limited selection of sugar free additives and as you say the cannisters looked a faff. So just continue with the flavoured sparkling water, the down side is the plastic bottles but I suppose they are recyclable.

I have discoved that I really like sparking mineral water. I wonder if I should get one of those things that lets you make it. Mind you they are very expensive compared with a bottle of SMW. We did use to have one years ago but it terrified me. I always felt that it might explode!

Just in case you are wondering, I don't mean supermarket lemonade, which I am not fond of.
You could buy a soda siphon and the little CO2 cartridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back