Any Libre users getting message from their GP about a possible switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean you rely 100% on Libre?
The advice is that you will need to check with fingerpricks sometimes due to the limitations of CGMs.
Thanks Helli. I've just re read the guidance to remind myself why it's important. I do carry strips and a meter as a backup. Regards, Chris

Just got this text from my GP and wondered if other Libre users had similar and know what is bring proposed.

I am very happy with Libre, the app and how my pens work with it and so slightly concerned about a switch. Should I be? Do I get a say?

The NHS are continually striving to achieve the best treatment for its patients. With this in mind, we are undertaking an audit on our Diabetes Monitoring Equipment.
The outcome of this audit will likely result in your Diabetes Monitoring Equipment being changed to a different brand. You should notice no effect on your treatment.
There is no mention of the Libre, I suspect you are jumping the gun as it's more than likely to be your blood glucose monitor. 🙂 Every now and again GP practices get a memo from higher up (accounts dept) telling them to change meters over to something cheaper regarding test strips as there is quite a variation in test strip price.

There is no mention of the Libre, I suspect you are jumping the gun as it's more than likely to be your blood glucose monitor. 🙂 Every now and again GP practices get a memo from higher up (accounts dept) telling them to change meters over to something cheaper regarding test strips as there is quite a variation in test strip price.
Thanks Sue. I checked with my surgery who tell me it is indeed my GlucoRx meter and strips which are under review and not Libre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back