Any carb free or low carb meals ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harissa paste, especially Rose Harissa (which is more fragrant but still packs a punch) is a great seasoning to add to things. Mix it with yoghurt and coat a cauliflower (either the florets or the whole head) and roast it. It's also great as a seasoning on meat and fish.

Thanks so much everyone! 🙂
Lots of things for me to experiment with & JB’s or Novorapid corrections to hand while I found out how much or how little I need for each thing I try? 🙄😉😛😎:D

I do this one fairly regularly, @Lanny . It's absolutely delicious with lamb chops, or ribs of any sort, or even with chicken.

Yes, it means collecting a few spices together, but I usually make a batch of the marinade, then freeze it in little bags, for whenever I want it. I haven't tried it myself, but I reckon it'd also be good on salmon, or any other firm fish.

What the heck is Harissa Paste?
Try it, it’s great stuff, can be used on lots of things, mix with some yoghurt and you have a great marinade for chicken, also great with meatballs and roasted with any vegetables.

Zhoug paste is another one to try, it’s coriander, parsley, cloves and chilli and has an amazing taste, especially good with lamb but veg too. These pastes make it so quick and easy to liven meals up.

Last edited:
There are loads of fishy low carb options you could try. Tuna or swordfish steaks, scallops, cockles, mussels etc. Just add seasoning and/or herbs. Serve on their own or with veg. Herring in various forms, sea bass and other fish are low carb. Smoked salmon lends itself to a number of easy options - with scrambled egg is an easy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back