Another crazy lantus hypo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a really nasty hypo again last night. I corrected before bed and I guess the alcohol must have already been doing the correcting for me :( It was about 5am and I dont remember thinking I was hypo but some kind of instinct must have made me get out of bed, as soon as I did I felt awful, was all wobly and could hardly see (ok mostly because I didnt have my glasses on :D) I'm out of glucose tabs again so had to go to the kitchen and make a chocolate milkshake with extra sugar and piece of toast with jam.

Feeling tired today! must do yoga though :D

oooh careful Katie, make sure you don't do yourself some damage my doing a workout if you're not up to it.

I know you've got more years under your belt but I have never corrected after a session before bed, always deal with in the morning or at lunch.

Hope you okay

Rossi

oooh careful Katie, make sure you don't do yourself some damage my doing a workout if you're not up to it.

I know you've got more years under your belt but I have never corrected after a session before bed, always deal with in the morning or at lunch.

Hope you okay

Rossi

Just did my work-out and it wasn't too bad!

Yeah it is a bit dodgy correcting after alcohol, but usually im more insulin resistant and need some otherwise I wake up high. I only took 2units. I think it's because Ive been doing lots of exercise. I won't correct next time and see how it goes. Thanks Rossi 🙂

Just did my work-out and it wasn't too bad!

Yeah it is a bit dodgy correcting after alcohol, but usually im more insulin resistant and need some otherwise I wake up high. I only took 2units. I think it's because Ive been doing lots of exercise. I won't correct next time and see how it goes. Thanks Rossi 🙂

Glad you're okay, having said that the other day when I was correcting almost as much as injecting again, I was always hypoing shortly afterwards, so much for knowing my correction ratio!:(

Glad you're okay, having said that the other day when I was correcting almost as much as injecting again, I was always hypoing shortly afterwards, so much for knowing my correction ratio!:(

oh no :( Has your insulin requirement increased again now?

piece of toast with jam.

Haven't had that in so long, haven't had a hypo for ages, might just have to pretend I'm hypo and have it. The first time I ever had jam on toast was in the middle of the night in hospital after a hypo

Haven't had that in so long, haven't had a hypo for ages, might just have to pretend I'm hypo and have it. The first time I ever had jam on toast was in the middle of the night in hospital after a hypo

haha yeah pretend :D

I want peanut butter! but I know i'll snack if I buy it!

mmmmm peanut butter (imagining a homer simpson style groan!)

I often eat a jar with a spoon and ginger nuts!!

My insulin has gone back up but then again tomorrow is another day🙄

haha yeah pretend :D

I want peanut butter! but I know i'll snack if I buy it!

mmm, yea on mdi i used to have toast and peanut butter as my slow cho, dont need slow cho now if i hypo only fast 😱

have two full jars in the cupboard, may have to have for tea one night instead :D

mmmmm peanut butter (imagining a homer simpson style groan!)

I often eat a jar with a spoon and ginger nuts!!

My insulin has gone back up but then again tomorrow is another day

mm i wish i could eat a whole jar! :D

aww hope everything settles down for you!

mmm, yea on mdi i used to have toast and peanut butter as my slow cho, dont need slow cho now if i hypo only fast

have two full jars in the cupboard, may have to have for tea one night instead

I try not to have slow cho when hypo, unless I need to or if im just using the hypo as an excuse to eat something 😉

I now have a bottle of lucozade in the fridge ready for if I have another night time hypo - I dont like it so I know I wont drink it when im not hypo!

Im jealous of all the peanut butter talk :( :D

mm i wish i could eat a whole jar! :D

aww hope everything settles down for you!

I try not to have slow cho when hypo, unless I need to or if im just using the hypo as an excuse to eat something 😉

I now have a bottle of lucozade in the fridge ready for if I have another night time hypo - I dont like it so I know I wont drink it when im not hypo!

Im jealous of all the peanut butter talk :( :D

Hi Katie, On mdi if you have been hypo, you really should follow up with slow cho, as your background insulin gives you a real risk of you becoming lower again, especially after excercise. Sure you know this already hun, crack open the pb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back