Annual review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result man...............I can truthfully say I will never have a result like that.....:(.....but as long as I can get it below 7% I will be cool.......so they say........

Congrats again......

Great result man...............I can truthfully say I will never have a result like that.....:(.....but as long as I can get it below 7% I will be cool.......so they say........

Congrats again......

Hey - never say never! 🙂 Hope you get that under-7 at your review 🙂

Congrats again......

Yeah I'd be happy with <7% too 🙂

Well done Northe on another excellent number! Hopefully the Cholesterol will come down a bit next time 🙂

Another green-eyed monster here, under 7 would be lovely!

Congrats though, Alan, dead chuffed for you! :D

Congratulations in remaining in the 5's :D and well done in getting a plug for the website in as well 🙂

Oh goodness me, I can't imagine getting such a result as that. My last one was 7.6!! Can you see my green eyes gleaming??

Glad it all went well.

How does your review work. I think mine is a bit rubbish really as the only up to date info they can give me is my HbA1c - as the others are from the previous clinic 6 or 12 months earlier.

This is a new clinic I went to today, but the procedure is pretty similar to my last one. I went in last Thursday and gave blood and urine samples, then this morning another urine sample (I thought, are they taking the p? :D). Then I had to wait about 15 minutes before going in to see the consultant and DSN. We had a chat about how things had beenn going, I showed him my graphs and record book, and diet sheet, and talked about my current problem with night hypos, plus how my basal had fallen from 20 to 3 at one point etc. etc.

He took my BP and we discussed my medication for it, and also talked about my cholesterol and statins (see my other reply!). So, pretty comprehensive! I remember being told at my diabetes education course that we should 'know our numbers' so you should always ask to know what all the latest figures are - and in my opinion they should be 'new' for the current appt. not 6 months old!

This is a new clinic I went to today, but the procedure is pretty similar to my last one. I went in last Thursday and gave blood and urine samples, then this morning another urine sample (I thought, are they taking the p? :D).

Sounds like urine the right place then? 🙂

(Andy runs off to bed)

This is a new clinic I went to today, but the procedure is pretty similar to my last one. I went in last Thursday and gave blood and urine samples, then this morning another urine sample (I thought, are they taking the p? :D). Then I had to wait about 15 minutes before going in to see the consultant and DSN. We had a chat about how things had beenn going, I showed him my graphs and record book, and diet sheet, and talked about my current problem with night hypos, plus how my basal had fallen from 20 to 3 at one point etc. etc.

He took my BP and we discussed my medication for it, and also talked about my cholesterol and statins (see my other reply!). So, pretty comprehensive! I remember being told at my diabetes education course that we should 'know our numbers' so you should always ask to know what all the latest figures are - and in my opinion they should be 'new' for the current appt. not 6 months old!

I would agree that it is stupid that they are looking at old figures. They have the equipment on site to get the HbA1c there and then so that is the only current value I get. Well I get my BP taken on the day.

It made me laugh once (not out loud) when one of the nurses said I could leave my shoes on to be weighed ( I was on a seat scale) as they didn't get included in the weight, though they would be included if I stood on a standard floor scale. I was thinking !?!?! ....

I think they rely on flagging problems up in a letter though from the looks of the letter they were using at least one of the previous clinic's results.

The clinic can be really hit and miss - as being a teaching hospital you can get anyone...

Well done on your excellent results:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back