Android 14 and Libre 2

Hi Martin that sounds good I like the look of juggluco it also has a dark mode , unfortunately I received a Libre 2 reader/meter tis morning and started a sensor with it and they aren't compatible ho-hum will use it when this sensor dies next week.
Thanks for that you have been more help than either Motorola or Abbott third party apps often are better and more compatible

Hi Martin that sounds good I like the look of juggluco it also has a dark mode , unfortunately I received a Libre 2 reader/meter tis morning and started a sensor with it and they aren't compatible ho-hum will use it when this sensor dies next week.
Thanks for that you have been more help than either Motorola or Abbott third party apps often are better and more compatible

Yes , I don't understand if these 3rd party app developers can produce an app that displays your readings on your phone and also on a smart watch , why can't Abbott do the same ??

Yes , I don't understand if these 3rd party app developers can produce an app that displays your readings on your phone and also on a smart watch , why can't Abbott do the same ??
It's because the official Abbott software is effectively part of a medical device system. Every time they make a change, to add a feature for example, there is a risk of new software bugs, and the testing and approval process has to be very rigorous. The third-party apps can add the disclaimer - example from xDrip: "Use xDrip+ at your own risk, and do not use the information or code to make medical decisions." - and add features with minimal read tape. Abbott don't have that option, so development is very slow and expensive.

and the testing and approval process has to be very rigorous.
I'm sure that's the case, yes. And trying to do that with a decent range of Android phones must be a bit of a nightmare, so adding Wear OS watches (even though there aren't that many) would just not be worth it.

I have a Xiaomi Redmi phone which Librelink certainly ain't authorised for, doesn't even have 'App Store' apparent but does have 'App Vault' so I downloaded Librelink from there perfectly OK. Stopped working cos I only downloaded it to see if I wanted it - but as I don't have my phone with me everywhere I happen to go especially on my bedside table (or even in my bedroom) overnight I've never bothered with it again.

I upgraded my Pixel 6 from Android 13'to 14 and wish I had not!;I frequently lose signal and the only working alarm is "loss of signal"!

I upgraded my Pixel 6 from Android 13'to 14 and wish I had not!;I frequently lose signal and the only working alarm is "loss of signal"!
I’m totally puzzled by this whole subject. I have a 6a which came with what ever was on it then (12?) and have done every monthly update and version update the day it hit my phone and have had no issues at all. I did the same with my previous 3a too.

Now, I’m not trying to be smug (well maybe a little), just trying to figure what I do differently.

I travel light as far as apps. I have a private browser, a handful of reputable apps and that’s it. I have BT connections to head phones and a sound bar. Not much else. I am obsessed with privacy and accept very few cookies or trackers. But that’s about it. I just can’t think what else make my phone different.

I sure hope I’m not asking for trouble.

Just a few more thoughts.

I have Chrome disabled so that my private browser gets called by google search which takes no notice of default. Can’t think this is important.

Otherwise I keep coming back to environmental influences. I live in a very rural area, and don’t see much chance of stray signals interfering. However when I used Juggluco a year or so ago, I did find I would occasionally get a signal loss when outside, miles from anything visibly electrical. But who knows what is in the air.

I’m more and more convinced that environmental factors are involved.

Do you notice any places where it does/doesn't lose signal?

I’m totally puzzled by this whole subject. I have a 6a which came with what ever was on it then (12?) and have done every monthly update and version update the day it hit my phone and have had no issues at all. I did the same with my previous 3a too.

Now, I’m not trying to be smug (well maybe a little), just trying to figure what I do differently.

I travel light as far as apps. I have a private browser, a handful of reputable apps and that’s it. I have BT connections to head phones and a sound bar. Not much else. I am obsessed with privacy and accept very few cookies or trackers. But that’s about it. I just can’t think what else make my phone different.

I sure hope I’m not asking for trouble.

Good suggestion as an update installed Goggle Lens that is potentially the world's most irritating bit of software yet. Open any app and it wants to do an image search even my BG of 5.2 earlier and I can't visualise the day I used AI (Inept?) to write for me. I don't us social media bar LinkedIn but that is descending into carp.

Last edited:
It's always been the case especially with Android, I always used to use a custom Rom on my old Samsung phones, sometimes it red tape sometimes it's imagination

When using juggluco did you start the Sensor with libre or juggluco ?

Still can't get a connection. No connection on main screen and status =19 on sensor screen, signal loss on Libre app. Scanned with Libre waited 30m scanned with Libre then jug got a reading but no connection tried several times over the next hour and then again this morning but nope it hates me.
R

Still can't get a connection. No connection on main screen and status =19 on sensor screen, signal loss on Libre app. Scanned with Libre waited 30m scanned with Libre then jug got a reading but no connection tried several times over the next hour and then again this morning but nope it hates me.
R
Sorry to hear that , I started a new sensor today using the libre app but when I then scanned with juggluco, it said it could not connect. I tried a few more times to no avail, so just left it alone whilst I pondered uninstalling it. About an hour later I noticed that both were connected again. Technology is a fickle thing . Have you tried restarting your phone, this used to sort out the connection issues on my old phone . Hope you get it sorted soon, I know how frustrating it can be !!

I have the same problem using the LL app, with sensor loss happening very frequently. To the point of me trying a Dexcom 1 instead....what a disaster! My old mobile, a Galaxy S10 wouldn't work with the Dexcom app, so I bought a new phone; Galaxy A54. This was on the compatibility list on the app, but it just would not recognise my phone.
I contacted Dexcom support, who told me my phone was not compatible and that whichever list I had read was incorrect - the Dexcom 1 compatibility list!!
I've gone back to dodgy Libre 2 sensors. Better than nothing

No one said life is easy just going to have to keep scanning and hope Abbott catch up with Android 14 soon after all 15 gets released in August

I love using the reader. Yes I have to scan to get readings but there are no updates to put a spanner in the works and really reliable and it can double as a BG meter.

Hi all
My wife’s new phone keeps trying to upgrade to Android 14
Not sure whether or not it will still be compatible with her Libre 2 sensor
Has anybody had any problems with the upgrade?
Thanks in advanceandroid
I am using a Samsung M33 Android 12 and upgraded to Android 14 without any problem. librelink was handling the upgrade witout any problems including no change of sensor. Before I was using M21 with Android 10 and a M31 with Android 11 and all handled the librelink without any probems, including there Android upgrades.

Back