Android 14 and Libre 2

Abner55

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Hi all
My wife’s new phone keeps trying to upgrade to Android 14
Not sure whether or not it will still be compatible with her Libre 2 sensor
Has anybody had any problems with the upgrade?
Thanks in advance

My Samsung is Android 14, it should be fine

I have just got a new phone running Android 14 and I am currently getting consistent signal loss.
Probably just something in the settings needs tweaking, hopefully.

Tried everything still didn't work, so installed juggluco, set that up , all working nicely but the strange thing is the libre app is working fine too now with no signal loss, very peculiar.

How do you mean? They can’t both be connected at the same time.

What and it shows realtime on both concurrently? Well you live and learn.

Pretty much the only way to date. (There are also a couple of other capable apps.) to get a home screen widget for a quick glance without needing to open the app or readings on a wear OS watch.
Do you find juggluco drains your watch battery really quickly ?

Do you find juggluco drains your watch battery really quickly ?
I use an independent developed but on the play store “G-watch wear app”:which picks up BGs & also can give complication options on some of the stock watch faces showing BGs, I’ve turned off always on display opting for it to flash the time & BG on a simple dark background face. For around 5 seconds before turning off. I’ve turned off WiFi, keep un needed background apps off. Which seems to optimise the battery life. (Giving 40 hours? On my SGW4.) I normally top up charge overnight.

Well I am surprised. I was a very early adopter of Juggluco back way before Abbott’s cgm, and it was in the Jug docs that once you’d cut off LL and Jug hijacked the BT there was no going back. What it didn’t say was that it could grab it without cutting off LL, or maybe you couldn’t at the time.

I switched back to LL in July 22(?) with its cgm and often missed some of the Jug features. Still do.

Every day’s a school day eh?

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Yes indeed. The only difference is librelink can not be calibrated if the sensor is out?
Does Juggluco allow calibration now? Last I heard was Jaap saying it was too difficult. I can't think what the analogy is but change it at the low end and it goes out at the other.

What do you use LL for to make it worth running both? I decided I wanted to store all the notes stuff and Juggluco was a bit clunky.

I did like the pen integration though, the fact it dropped the priming shots automatically. Cool. LL is crap in that respect. I stuck with manual entry.

Hi I have just upgraded to a new Motorola Edge 50 pro phone on Android 14 and it keeps loosing connection and get the dreaded "Alarms unavailable. Scan sensor" message as well although the signal loss alarm goes off constantly, the high and low dont.
Contacted Libre by phone they said it was compatible did all the tweaks cleared the caches still every 10 mins or so it looses connection any suggestions The sensors still work fine on my old phone (battery dies after 4 hours) even though the sensors were started on the new one
Cheers R

Hi Robert
I too upgraded my phone and was having exactly the same problems , so I installed juggluco to use instead. Once I started up juggluco, the libre app started working fine and I have had no problems since and the added bonus of running juggluco too is that my readings show on my phone's lock screen .

Back