Android 14 and Libre 2: Big Tech v Big Pharma

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have stated before, I have a Pixel 6a, and have had NO problems at all. Wish I hadn't said that! So the combination (more or less) is OK.

A rather drastic suggestion would be a factory reset. Install LL but absolutely nothing else and see how that goes. That would test the phone, android 14, and LL, with no other apps, data or config conflict.

edit: typo
OK, so it appears not all Pixel 6a's with Android 14 are equal! I held off for a few weeks before upgrading to 14 thinking that I would join after any glitches had been sorted but no .... I have an unstable situation, signal loss when my phone is beside me, alarms not working etc. but it does seem to be getting better. Have checked all my settings but have now found just switching bluetooth off then on, and each alarm off then on, gives me a few more days of relative calm.

Shame really because I have had Pixel phones for years and absolutely no problems at all until now. I would have thought as Libre 2 is a medical device, preparing for compatability by both sides following updates should be a given.

OK, so it appears not all Pixel 6a's with Android 14 are equal! I held off for a few weeks before upgrading to 14 thinking that I would join after any glitches had been sorted but no .... I have an unstable situation, signal loss when my phone is beside me, alarms not working etc. but it does seem to be getting better. Have checked all my settings but have now found just switching bluetooth off then on, and each alarm off then on, gives me a few more days of relative calm.

Shame really because I have had Pixel phones for years and absolutely no problems at all until now. I would have thought as Libre 2 is a medical device, preparing for compatability by both sides following updates should be a given.
These tiny devices with all the sophistication of the many standard apps, plus the interaction of third party ones is a massively complex situation. But we all know that.

To pinpoint the problem we need to be incredibly systematic and patient.

If you can bare it, a factory reset and startup with NO restore from backup. Add LibreLink only. Test.

That would be as conclusive a test as is practical for us mere users to check for (in)compatibility.

Good luck!

According to Abbott they don't support Android 14 yet. I couldn't even get a date out of them.
Scouring the 'net there seems to be the usual issues around alarms and scanning that come with an android upgrade.
The option not to upgrade to 14 is tricky as it looks like the rollout of 14 is being pushed quite hard by the phone manufacturers. If you've a Google pixel, for instance, it'll be hard to avoid 14 if you want any updates at all. And Samsung are sending the update out to a load of their phones this year.
So looks like little us is going to be squeezed between big tech and big pharma and have barely functioning CGMs until it gets sorted.
What's your experience of 14 and Libre?
BTW I checked out Dexcom and they don't sound any better re android 14.
Hi, I have same issue with my Samsung. Contacted Abbott but really frustrating that they cant say if/when software will be updated. Must be affecting more people each day so hope they get sorted soon as frustrating having to scan all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back