Android 13 and LibreLink

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a UK Freestyle Libre users group on Facebook which as far as I know is nothing to do with the maker of the Freestyle Libre system. If you are on Facebook you might want to join that. It is informative.
I think the Facebook group may have something to do with Abbott.
At least, the administrators got very very upset (verging on abusive) when I suggested some people had found it could be worn somewhere other than "the arm between the elbow and shoulder".
I left the group at that point

At least, the administrators got very very upset (verging on abusive) when I suggested some people had found it could be worn somewhere other than "the arm between the elbow and shoulder".
I agree with what @helli says. I have discovered recently there is some sort of connection.

I think they'd disapprove of it being used elsewhere because it's not certified for use elsewhere. Therefore cannot be held to work elsewhere.

I think they'd disapprove of it being used elsewhere because it's not certified for use elsewhere. Therefore cannot be held to work elsewhere.
That was their point but they removed one of my posts with no explanation when I suggested some people found it useful elsewhere. On another occasion I only said that I put it higher up my arm and then they became threatening in a PM.
(Sorry, this has really taken the thread off track. It will be the last time I will mention the group. Please don't ask me more and tempt me further 🙂 )

That was their point but they removed one of my posts with no explanation when I suggested some people found it useful elsewhere. On another occasion I only said that I put it higher up my arm and then they became threatening in a PM.
(Sorry, this has really taken the thread off track. It will be the last time I will mention the group. Please don't ask me more and tempt me further 🙂 )
I've had many many issues with the Libre 2. But I have found that chest is best. Easy to scan especially in the cold with lots of layers on very easy to locate and no stupid compression lows. 2nd best seems to be the inside of the upper arm so between the arm and ribs well protected but a bugger to find with layers on.

I had an update in the last week but on checking it only appears to 12.It is still working with Libre Link. My phone is a Samsung and only a few months old.
I have been having a good 75% Libre 2 failure rate and abbot keep replacing them they normally work for a couple of days then start to go mad reading higher and higher often 4+ over finger prick tests. Abbot have now sent me a scanner and after fitting a new sensor they matched for about an hour then they drifted apart. I found My app hadn't auto updated when I found and did the update it seems to have fixed it. Galaxy S8 android 9.

Works just fine for me. Had mine about 6 months so far with no problems with LL or anything else.

What exactly is happening for you?
Hi Barry - I've got the app to work so far as holding to my arm/sensor - it makes a series of what to my are too many sounds (3 in total which follow in quick succession) and then I lift the phone from the position on my arm to observe the reading - that's all fine. I've had odd behaviour where the alarms let me know if I've gone above or below the set levels. When I click the phone app the three horizontal black lines top right have an exclamation mark (white on a solid red circle) just overlapping the said lines. I click on these lines/red circle and we then see my name followed by 'Logbook' followed by 'Alarms'. Alarms has a repeat of the exclamation mark in red circle against a grey bell. I click on this 'Alarm' with said circle and exclamation mark and a message comes up which tells me Bluetooth must be switched on. I've previously only had a more lengthy message: Alarms are unavailable due to one or more of the following: -Channel notifications disabled. - Lock screen notifications disabled. - Notification sounds disabled and lastly - Sound and pop-up notifications disabled. In the 'All LibreLink' notifications I have only switched on the 'High glucose alarm' and the 'Low glucose alarm'. All others are switched off. So as of right now, I'm hopeful that I'll get an alarm when I'm out of range be it too high or low. The one thing I'm yet to tackle is the extremely loud volume of the alarm - it seemed to work initially and I switched off as it startled anyone near me an woke us all up at night! The entire issue I think is possibly my jump from having a clear grasp of Android 7 which prevented me from upgrading to LL2 and getting to grips with, in my opinion is a horrible Android 13 - seems like a case of trying to fix something that was never broken. I'm 63 and perhaps just behind the times somewhat - I struggle with new tech! Re the alarm sound level - is this the 'Alarm volume' or the 'Ring and notification volume? I only recently found the drop-down which brings up the 'Sound and vibration' window linked to the sound adjustment buttons on the side of the phone. I have yet to investigate so I'll most likely get this sorted - but, if this is the wrong place to make the adjustment to the LL alarms please could you advise?
Cheers
David

Hi Barry - I've got the app to work so far as holding to my arm/sensor - it makes a series of what to my are too many sounds (3 in total which follow in quick succession) and then I lift the phone from the position on my arm to observe the reading - that's all fine. I've had odd behaviour where the alarms let me know if I've gone above or below the set levels. When I click the phone app the three horizontal black lines top right have an exclamation mark (white on a solid red circle) just overlapping the said lines. I click on these lines/red circle and we then see my name followed by 'Logbook' followed by 'Alarms'. Alarms has a repeat of the exclamation mark in red circle against a grey bell. I click on this 'Alarm' with said circle and exclamation mark and a message comes up which tells me Bluetooth must be switched on. I've previously only had a more lengthy message: Alarms are unavailable due to one or more of the following: -Channel notifications disabled. - Lock screen notifications disabled. - Notification sounds disabled and lastly - Sound and pop-up notifications disabled. In the 'All LibreLink' notifications I have only switched on the 'High glucose alarm' and the 'Low glucose alarm'. All others are switched off. So as of right now, I'm hopeful that I'll get an alarm when I'm out of range be it too high or low. The one thing I'm yet to tackle is the extremely loud volume of the alarm - it seemed to work initially and I switched off as it startled anyone near me an woke us all up at night! The entire issue I think is possibly my jump from having a clear grasp of Android 7 which prevented me from upgrading to LL2 and getting to grips with, in my opinion is a horrible Android 13 - seems like a case of trying to fix something that was never broken. I'm 63 and perhaps just behind the times somewhat - I struggle with new tech! Re the alarm sound level - is this the 'Alarm volume' or the 'Ring and notification volume? I only recently found the drop-down which brings up the 'Sound and vibration' window linked to the sound adjustment buttons on the side of the phone. I have yet to investigate so I'll most likely get this sorted - but, if this is the wrong place to make the adjustment to the LL alarms please could you advise?
Cheers
David
Blimey. That's a lot for a 72yo to get a grip of :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

A lot of that is not how I use it. I use Juggluco alongside LL as a CGM. It also does the alarms as I have all of those off in LL.

When I scan with LL I get a vibration, a quiet little sound followed by the tada like one that has always concluded the scan. Volume control of notifications seems to work, although I tend to use do not disturb at night.

I do remember that when the L2 came out first it would have a red exclamation (?) up the top somewhere saying alarms weren't working, yet they were. Apparently you were supposed to trash the database and start a new one - dunno if that's still the case.

A screen capture may be help to show exactly what you are seeing.

HTH B.

Was just coming to check if anyone posted the Abbott email, glad to see they put it online too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back