Am now an official pumper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear Ingrid - I actually have liked "middle aged rose pink" (as long as it's 'dusky' not 'rosebud') ever since I was about 6 .........

I don't loathe shocking pink as a concept for other people - but defo not for me!

😛 heehee dusky rose pink sounds beautiful (she says, carefully avoiding the age ref)

Metallic green sounds v pretty though!

British Racing green or that Peugeot pale one - Crystal Green is it? Either of them would do me fine!

It's a sort of pale snot green 😱 well, you wanted to know!

Well, disconnected the pump last night after midnight because it didn't seem to be delivering any insulin into me😱 levels were climbing steadily all evening and at that point I was 25.2, with ketones. Brain overloaded with checking settings using manual, priming, rewinding cartridge, air bubbles, .......

Think it can only be settings incorrect, the blue screen as mentioned before may have cancelled something the first night as I didn't have pump 'locked' or something to do with the cannula, which I haven't changed. Seeing pump dsn this afternoon, but until then have reverted to injections, levels are around 7 - 8 at the moment!

Bit scared when at 25 with ketones!

Well, disconnected the pump last night after midnight because it didn't seem to be delivering any insulin into me😱 levels were climbing steadily all evening and at that point I was 25.2, with ketones. Brain overloaded with checking settings using manual, priming, rewinding cartridge, air bubbles, .......

Think it can only be settings incorrect, the blue screen as mentioned before may have cancelled something the first night as I didn't have pump 'locked' or something to do with the cannula, which I haven't changed. Seeing pump dsn this afternoon, but until then have reverted to injections, levels are around 7 - 8 at the moment!

Bit scared when at 25 with ketones!

Casper can you go into alarm setting and see if you have any alarms showing? This will be a start in figuring out what is wrong also go into advanced settings and scroll through until you find maximum delivery and make sure that's not set to low for your needs and thus the pump is stopping delivery.

Ps pump locked is a child safety device with stops little fingers pressing buttons and delivering insulin. It doesn't stop the pump working.

😡kinked cannula. When removed this afternoon, it was bent into a 'L' shape, so it wouldn't be delivering any insulin 😡

At least I know what the problem was, so relief there, plus pump dsn was very encouraging, stressing that I had followed the correct procedure by reverting to injections and disconnecting. I had thought it might have been cannula, purely as a matter of elimination, but thought to wait for dsn meeting.

So I'm up and running (again)🙄

Pleased u got it sorted Casper. The first few weeks are a baby bit stressful but it will be worth it 🙂

We have just got back from your neck of the wood Casper, congratulations on the pump.

😡kinked cannula. When removed this afternoon, it was bent into a 'L' shape, so it wouldn't be delivering any insulin 😡

At least I know what the problem was, so relief there, plus pump dsn was very encouraging, stressing that I had followed the correct procedure by reverting to injections and disconnecting. I had thought it might have been cannula, purely as a matter of elimination, but thought to wait for dsn meeting.

So I'm up and running (again)🙄

Nooooo!!!! Are you using Inset IIs? Altho I've changed to other sets now for several reasons, I never had failed sets with Inset IIs. I know some people do though. Was this one inserted during your setup appointment under guidance & do you know why it kinked? Are you very lean or muscular or active cos you might be better with angled or metal sets.. What a big boooo to have your first ever set fail! Not fair. Still, it can only get better 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back