All invited to lasagne on wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
Just a reminder that we are having lasagne on wednesday 31st. All welcome - especially newbies!🙂(we all eat the same food and log our results on the results page - its a good way of working out if you are doing your dose right and injecting at the right time etc).🙂Bev

good alternative to using pasta sheets is to put layers of mushrooms and spinach between the mince ...and if you want no flour (bechemal sauce )use cottage cheesexx good luck

Gutted I cant take part I dont like lasagne all that much.If anyone has anyy alternative id be happy to listen.

good alternative to using pasta sheets is to put layers of mushrooms and spinach between the mince ...and if you want no flour (bechemal sauce )use cottage cheesexx good luck

Thats a good tip AM! You can also use courgettes if you slice them length ways very thinly its just like lasagne.(you can do this using a potato peeler and just shave along the length). Also use puy lentils if your a vegetarian - lovely.🙂Bev

aubergine is also good I thinks (no cheif or chef here!) Have lasagne fairly often at weekends but still no oven in this house, we will get it sorted soon 🙂

aubergine is also good I thinks (no cheif or chef here!) Have lasagne fairly often at weekends but still no oven in this house, we will get it sorted soon 🙂

If you put aubergine in it wouldn't that make it moussaka? I've done it with the courgette and it worked really well, I'll be doing that version on Wednesday.

Thats a good tip AM! You can also use courgettes if you slice them length ways very thinly its just like lasagne.(you can do this using a potato peeler and just shave along the length). Also use puy lentils if your a vegetarian - lovely.🙂Bev

ooooh haven't thought of sliced courgettes

am alison bev have any of you got idea as to what i can have i dnt like lasagne and i cant do resutls till friday

am alison bev have any of you got idea as to what i can have i dnt like lasagne and i cant do resutls till friday

How about an egg salad - virtually carb free and you like that dont you? Would be good to see what it does to your levels.🙂Or home-made chicken and veg soup? I think we will be doing soup soon so you could add your results to ours.:DBev

How about an egg salad - virtually carb free and you like that dont you? Would be good to see what it does to your levels.🙂Or home-made chicken and veg soup? I think we will be doing soup soon so you could add your results to ours.:DBev

Thanks yeah ill do the egg salad i love that , nice work Bev

Home made lasagne is yum, im bad though coz I make cheese sauce instead of white sauce for the layering. Eneryone loves it though, I just dont tell them that it will clog their arteries one day lol :D

Can I try Spag Bol instead ... the reason is Master Nathan ... had major hissy fit over lasagne a couple of months ago ... and as a result .. has'nt had it since ...lol ... he said it was the work of the devil ... and wrong on every level ... dont ask .. that incident should have been filmed and put up on youtube ...🙂😱

That way I can also reduce on the pasta.. ie not sheets ... nor will he need the bechemel sauce

Heidi
xx:D

Steff, I've done Spag Bol with courgette instead of pasta too. You just cut into string like strips instead of slices.

Can I try Spag Bol instead ... the reason is Master Nathan ... had major hissy fit over lasagne a couple of months ago ... and as a result .. has'nt had it since ...lol ... he said it was the work of the devil ... and wrong on every level ... dont ask .. that incident should have been filmed and put up on youtube ...🙂😱

That way I can also reduce on the pasta.. ie not sheets ... nor will he need the bechemel sauce

Heidi

Heidi, I dont want to be held responsible for a lasagne fuelled hissy fit - so spag bol it is! Can you add yours to the spag bol results and i will have a look when you have.🙂Bev

Heidi

Lol, I have a 14 year old brother, nice to know he's not the only one, that does sound like something he would say. I also have a 12 year old brother, apparently today the 14 year old was having a strop and said he wanted to leave home. So the 12 year old decided to stop him......... so he hit him with a hockey stick because 'if he's unconscious he can't go anywhere...'! Hard to argue with the logic I suppose...!

(I should add, both are fine and he wasn't hit hard)!

Sorry for going off topic, I'll have to tell myself off!😉

Lol, I have a 14 year old brother, nice to know he's not the only one, that does sound like something he would say. I also have a 12 year old brother, apparently today the 14 year old was having a strop and said he wanted to leave home. So the 12 year old decided to stop him......... so he hit him with a hockey stick because 'if he's unconscious he can't go anywhere...'! Hard to argue with the logic I suppose...!

Goodness! Surely not the angelic Barnaby?😱😉

Hilarious!:DBev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back