Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Type 1 60-69 years old

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Type 1 over 70 years old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dip in the 30-39 age group is interesting. Is there a lull in diagnoses between those ages, or do people diagnosed around that age not feel the need to use a forum, or is it just a normal statistical variation?
It may be statistical variation, but you never know. My immune system went bonkers big time, throwing up diabetes then ulcerative colitis, two classic autoimmune conditions. This was after a period of considerable stress, with Mrs B having an almost fatal sub arachnoid haemorrhage. But I wonder if the immune system is particularly vulnerable at certain ages. If it is, it runs in 20 year cycles, because my pancreatitis is autoimmune, and Parkinson’s is likely to be autoimmune. My asthma and eczema, now much less of a problem, started around 20 years before the diabetes.

Weird, because I’ve never thought about it before.

I think the dip in the 30-39 age group is interesting. Is there a lull in diagnoses between those ages, or do people diagnosed around that age not feel the need to use a forum, or is it just a normal statistical variation?

When I did a straw poll of forum members and twitter peeps 2 or 3 years ago 35 was the age at which most people were initially Dx as T2 and later classified as T1.

As for the distribution in the poll, I think it is being skewed a little - on average it should be about 50:50 over 18 and under 18 I believe. We don't have enough parents here and children cannot register accountsI don't think.

It may be statistical variation, but you never know. My immune system went bonkers big time, throwing up diabetes then ulcerative colitis, two classic autoimmune conditions. This was after a period of considerable stress, with Mrs B having an almost fatal sub arachnoid haemorrhage. But I wonder if the immune system is particularly vulnerable at certain ages. If it is, it runs in 20 year cycles, because my pancreatitis is autoimmune, and Parkinson’s is likely to be autoimmune. My asthma and eczema, now much less of a problem, started around 20 years before the diabetes.

Weird, because I’ve never thought about it before.
I agree it is a very strange and peculiar I do not know whether I have said but I gave up smoking about 2 weeks before I got symptoms of diabetes so was the act of quitting, the stress and hard work or was hat it the immune system was suppressed by my smoking and as soon as I stopped smoking my immune system kicked 7 bells out of my pancreas or last was it the drug champix that I took to give up smoking that made my glycemic control go up the spout and also killed my head of pancreas. It could be any or a deadly mix of all three but the fact is at 31 I became type 1 diabetic and went through hell for a year or so until I for Counceling and came to terms with the fact I was diabetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back