Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had any since my nephew was little and my sister bought some to present as marmite soldiers on the buffet table for the kids at his birthday party. Turned out only me and her mother in law actually liked em - and I'd never tasted it before since it wasn't a thing either our parents or my in laws ever ate hence my husband didn't need it in our house either.

I can easily live without it, and always have done.

There is always a jar in my cupboard..... mind you it lasts for years!

Hello
Could anyone tell me if a reading of 8.1 with type 2 is good or bad. Thanks.
I'd go for "it depends".

Are you taking any medication for your T2?

Personally I'd be quite unhappy with anything over 6.5 mmol/l.

There is always a jar in my cupboard..... mind you it lasts for years!
If it lasts for years you aren't eating it often enough :D:rofl:😉. Mine is lasting a bit longer than it used to before diagnosis (when I ate more carbs) though

If it lasts for years you aren't eating it often enough :D:rofl:😉. Mine is lasting a bit longer than it used to before diagnosis (when I ate more carbs) though
Problem is that I so rarely eat bread these days, that there is often nothing to spread it on, hence it is lasting a lot longer. I also have a large jar which I think was bought pre diagnosis..... I did say it is lasting years 🙄 ..... thankfully it takes no harm for that..... Must go have a look at the BBE date on it.... not that I will bin it if it is out. If it looks OK and smells OK then it gets eaten here.

Problem is that I so rarely eat bread these days, that there is often nothing to spread it on, hence it is lasting a lot longer. I also have a large jar which I think was bought pre diagnosis..... I did say it is lasting years 🙄 ..... thankfully it takes no harm for that..... Must go have a look at the BBE date on it.... not that I will bin it if it is out. If it looks OK and smells OK then it gets eaten here.
So much salt in marmite that it isn't going off in a hurry!

So much salt in marmite that it isn't going off in a hurry!
Just checked and BBE April 20 so only nearly 3 years over, but the jar is still over half full so should be nearer 10 years out of date by the time I finish it. 🙄 I wonder how long the B vitamins can remain stable in that salty environment over that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back